Recording shows from the EPG
I have noticed when I setup shows to record from the EPG they tend to get cutoff at the very end of the show. So I have to go into mythweb and add time to the recording so it doesn't get cut off.

Is there a better way to do this or it's it better to just setup the shows I want to record from within mythweb instead of from the EPG?

Just curious what everyone else is doing.
You might have a clock sync problem somewhere. Is your myth backend running ntpd (or similar) to sync time?
It would also be worth checking the clock on the kodi frontend box as well.
If this is all fine, then your listings provider and broadcaster are a little out of sync.

If you want to set all your rules to 'extend' by a few minutes you could try adding this to the 'Default' recording template using mythfrontend.
Providing kodi is set to use the 'template from mythtv' and not the 'internal template', this should then happen for all new rules automatically, created via kodi or via mythweb.

Good luck!
(2015-08-13, 22:45)metaron Wrote: You might have a clock sync problem somewhere. Is your myth backend running ntpd (or similar) to sync time?
It would also be worth checking the clock on the kodi frontend box as well.
If this is all fine, then your listings provider and broadcaster are a little out of sync.

If you want to set all your rules to 'extend' by a few minutes you could try adding this to the 'Default' recording template using mythfrontend.
Providing kodi is set to use the 'template from mythtv' and not the 'internal template', this should then happen for all new rules automatically, created via kodi or via mythweb.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find the "default" template. Where in the frontend is that?
You can add padding time in kodi settings: SYSTEM->Settings->TV->Recordings.
Also which is the version of the addon you use ? (bug about was fixed since version 1.12.25 for Helix or 2.4.1 for Isengard)
(2015-08-13, 23:21)janbar Wrote: You can add padding time in kodi settings: SYSTEM->Settings->TV->Recordings.
Also which is the version of the addon you use ? (bug about was fixed since version 1.12.25 for Helix or 2.4.1 for Isengard)

That makes sense I tried those settings awhile back and they didn't seem to do anything. I'm using 1.11.3 looks like it's time to upgrade.

Thanks!
Sorry for the newb question but is there a newer version of the add-on that will work on the Amazon Fire TV. I tried a couple and they didn't seem to work.
(2015-08-14, 02:05)waverz Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 23:21)janbar Wrote: You can add padding time in kodi settings: SYSTEM->Settings->TV->Recordings.

That makes sense I tried those settings awhile back and they didn't seem to do anything. I'm using 1.11.3 looks like it's time to upgrade.

Thanks!

I think this only applies to new scheduled items, not to the existing schedules. I added a couple of minutes to the start and end of my existing schedules using mysql UPDATE commands.

I was having a similar symptom with the end of the show seemingly missing, but the problem actually turned out to be that commercial flagging was having some issues with then end of the shows. I turned off the automatic skipping (Advanced setting in the addon) and saw that the end of the program was actually being recorded. For some reason, commercial flagging didn't seem to be getting it right at the end (Perry Mason last scene) (and also at the beginning of some shows like Alfred Hitchcock), but I don't know why.

Now I have a lot of needless overlap in my recordings and it ties up two tuners when there are back-to-back recordings scheduled. I really need to go and fix that.....
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-08-13, 22:47)waverz Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 22:45)metaron Wrote: If you want to set all your rules to 'extend' by a few minutes you could try adding this to the 'Default' recording template using mythfrontend.
Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find the "default" template. Where in the frontend is that?

Open mythfrontend Manage Recordings->Recording Rules->Default (Template)
Then 'Schedule Options' and change 'End recording on time' to 'End recording 10 minutes late', then 'Back' and 'Save'.
  • This will only affect new recordings created, not existing ones
  • It will tie up 2 tuners with back to back recordings
  • If you have commercial skip issues, it won't make any difference

Janbar's method will also work, but obviously only for recordings created via kodi, not mythweb.

Sorry can't help with new versions for fireTV. You could try Janbar's github download page, but I don't know if he does pre-compiled binaries for that platform or not.
Previous comments will not fix your issue. The addon already overrides the schedules with the default template of mythtv and kodi padding settings, but as i said above there is a bug until 1.12.24.
@waverz, seems you use addon binary provided with kodi Helix. And i have to way to compile latest version for your hardware. The only way is to upgrade your Kodi to lastest version 15 "Isengard" which contains the latest fixed addon (2.4.3 or more).
Will i be able to record the TV shows for Bigg Boss season 9 directly from Colors TV website ?

Is that even possible ?
(2015-08-28, 12:13)amitkumar Wrote: Will i be able to record the TV shows for Bigg Boss season 9 directly from Colors TV website ?

Is that even possible ?
What has this to do with mythtv?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording shows from the EPG0