Live TV Timeshift buffer limit?
I using KODI 15 w/ nextpvr 3.4.8 using the networkrecorder plugin and I'm wondering if there is a setting in KODI to limit the amount of time it keeps a timeshift buffer TS file. I've been tuned to a channel for about 3 hours and the TS file is now about 23GB and climbing.
May I say +1?

I've already reported similar behaviour with the dvbviewer PVR add-on and it's on github as issue for that addon.
But on my setup there's a twist; I'm using a ramdisk.
What this means is that eventually, after 6GB in my case, it runs out of space and it just cuts back to the home screen.
That's a bit annoying, and I think I'm not the only one using a ramdisk rather than writing a 16Mbit stream continuously to a SSD for obvious reasons.

So there's my idea on why this really should be taken on/fixed or get more attention.
(2015-08-14, 16:29)Woppie Wrote: What this means is that eventually, after 6GB in my case, it runs out of space and it just cuts back to the home screen.

Well at least i have an answer to what happens... luckily i have a 250GB SSD, so i just allocated about 80GB to a 'live tv' partition... id rather the tv stop than the whole system
(2015-08-14, 16:58)chairmanfaust Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 16:29)Woppie Wrote: What this means is that eventually, after 6GB in my case, it runs out of space and it just cuts back to the home screen.

Well at least i have an answer to what happens... luckily i have a 250GB SSD, so i just allocated about 80GB to a 'live tv' partition... id rather the tv stop than the whole system

Well a SSD has limited write cycles so it might not be the best thing to do. That's why I'd rather go with the ramdisk option over the SSD option.

Edit; Found the issuetracker;

This was created after my initial bug report; https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/2
(2015-08-14, 16:13)chairmanfaust Wrote: I using KODI 15 w/ nextpvr 3.4.8 using the networkrecorder plugin and I'm wondering if there is a setting in KODI to limit the amount of time it keeps a timeshift buffer TS file. I've been tuned to a channel for about 3 hours and the TS file is now about 23GB and climbing.
This is just a problem with in the NetworkRecorder plugin. It just creates a file that continuously grows.

If you're using a device natively supported by NextPVR (ie, anything but a Ceton device), then you wont have this problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV Timeshift buffer limit?0