Part time channels
Also addon is full time timeshifting, so what this indicator could show more ?
Hi Janbar - The indicator should indicate where you are in the Timeshifting buffer. My original request (in the linked post) was to somehow give an indication on screen to show how far you are behind (if it was paused) compared to the live TV stream. (I hope i'm making sense!).

For this to work my understanding is that changes need to be made in the Skin and the TV Addons ( it looks like only the TVH and VDR addons have integrated this so far)
All time shifting in mythtv is done as a recording. When I have a recording or live tv and hit pause and get OSD showing where you are in the stream.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Didn't mean for this to go offtopic! But anyway... For me you can see where you are in terms of the time in the programme, but there's certainly no indicator to show where you are compared to the live stream when pausedHuh

The image below is what I see, I've dropped back to confluence to discount any skinning issues, as you can see I've paused the stream at 0.44 but I can't tell where abouts live TV is (without doing some kind of calculation of current time - paused time)... What the Pull request allows is to display the comparison between viewing/paused stream and realtime live stream...I personally would have preferred a simple numeric displayed, e.g -15 minutes behind real time.

Do you see something different?

http://imgur.com/nN1UDOw
On testing this morning, you are right.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
New timeshifting feature has been enabled in the addon since this feature has been merged:

Code:
bool IsTimeshifting(void) { return true; }

Also GetBufferTimeStart() and GetBufferTimeEnd() already work since helix. So there is something weird If the skin should shows something more. Is there a secret sesame to do work ?
@AshG about tuning attempts, i merged the fix from Mike in my repo. Also the improvement has been backported to old addon for isengard and helix (bumped as version 2.6.0 and 1.13.0).
(2015-08-22, 10:03)janbar Wrote: New timeshifting feature has been enabled in the addon since this feature has been merged:

Code:
bool IsTimeshifting(void) { return true; }

Also GetBufferTimeStart() and GetBufferTimeEnd() already work since helix. So there is something weird If the skin should shows something more. Is there a secret sesame to do work ?
I'll be honest Janbar, I'm not sure! I guess it's a feature that I'm interested in as I often have to pause live TV for various reasons and I would then like to know how far behind I'm behind the live TV stream...

The post that I linked to previously suggested that the TVaddons would need to be updates as well the skin...but that's as far as my knowledge goes! I have to leave this to far more intelligent people like yourself to understand what's needed/going on!
(2015-08-22, 10:07)janbar Wrote: @AshG about tuning attempts, i merged the fix from Mike in my repo. Also the improvement has been backported to old addon for isengard and helix (bumped as version 2.6.0 and 1.13.0).
Thank you again for your good work...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Part time channels0