Linux screen freezes
I am running w/ubuntu 14.04.2 and kodi 15 my logfile can be found at http://pastebin.com/D4DAm4bs My video card is an nvidia and the driver is v340.76. After I have been running kodi for some time my screen freezes whilst audio continues. I have searched around for this and find it a not unknown phenomena. I also noticed that there are few suggestions as to how to fix it. The logfile I sent seems to have blown up when the freeze occurred. I am playing videos from a system drive (already downloaded). The only solution I have found is to reboot the system which is irritating but takes only about 4 minutes. Given the amount of time running Kodi this hits I have to wonder about Kodi 15. A memory leak, for instance, could do this. I would check if possible but my entire system locks up so there is no way to check memory (unless the logfile is continuously reporting it (I haven't read the logfile))

I tend to also believe that this may have something to do with setting the zero cache option (because I recently set that option). I should also add that the zero cache option did not fix the continuous buffering which I thought a bit strange in that I have a LOT of space on my drive (close to 1tb) and 8 gigs of memory (2tb drive). I do notice that everybody talks about "Sync Playback to Display" and wonder where that setting is (even though that setting doesn't seem to fix the problem).

Thank you.............
Please upgrade nvidia drivers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen freezes0