Music player poor sound quality?
Hi, this is my first post on the forum.

I have been using XBMC/Kodi for years on my media centre PC and main PC and it has been fantastic.

I recently installed Win10 on my main PC and put Kodi back on. All was going well until i started playing my music files through the player last night and i can quite clearly hear crackling and distortion through all of my music files. This happens through both my headphones and speakers. I have never noticed this before and i found the sound quality before to be more than adequate for me. The sound problems only happen through the music player. Blurays, DVD's, MKV's and Divx all play fine through the other video player so i assume it is the Music player that is at fault. The music files play just fine through Win Media Player as well.

I have tried to change every configuration through the audio and playback setting to rectify the problem to no avail. It still sounds like a very poorly ripped CD no matter what quality the MP3/WAV/FLAC file i am using.

Has anyone else had this problem with the music player and solved the issue?
Surely someone has bad audio from the music player?
Make sure you're using the WASAPI option for your audio device, if you already have this or changing makes no difference then try lowering Kodi's volume ever so slightly as something about your files maybe causing clipping.
I am on WASAPI and have tried lowering Kodi's volume but as soon as i up the computers system volume to compensate i am right back to where i started.

This happens with both the speakers and headphones that are on separate channels (usb and audio jack) If i play the files with WMP or Groove music they play fine.

It's a shame as i like using Kodi for all my video files and would have liked to use it for music as well.
Are your audio drivers up to date? Maybe the windows 10 drivers for your device, which comes with the windows 10 installation, are not that good!?
Its often the same for GFX or other drivers. MS offers a driver which only has basic functionalities.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music player poor sound quality?0