Kodi 15.0 adding tv show issue
Hi,
This is for my Kodi 15.0 installation on my HTPC running windows7, Confluence skin.
I added two .wmv instructional videos to my Kodi 15.0 library to watch while exercising. I added them as TV shows from my NAS, all files in the folder as one show. Scraper was the TVDB. I did not get a notification that the shows were not found, although there is no way they were based upon the naming convention.
I can navigate to the folder containing the videos under videos/files. However I am not able to get TV shows to appear on my home screen. When I go to Home Window options in skin settings the line for Hide TV shows is greyed out. When I changed the folder content to movies, scraping with TMDB, there was no error about the movies not being found. The videos did not appear under movies.
What am I missing while adding these. I have only added actual movies in the past, never TV shows or other videos. I would like to be able to navigate to these more easily. I can make custom NFO files for these to provide info.
Thanks,
Eric
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Duplicate displays: Dell 22" led monitor and Epson 5010 projector.
Kodi on Amazon fire stick.
Bumping for help
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Ok, the TVDB is for TV shows. Unless you are using a real TV show and it has a TVDB listing, that can be scraped, your jazzercize will only show in the file list and not be recognized in a set content TV show added source. It will not error on unrecognized video names if it can't find it through the scraper.

As to custom NFO: http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_video_entries
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
That fixed it, I had spelled Jazzercise wrong.
I just want to be able to navigate to these videos from the home screen, but not have them under movies. I have read the custom video wiki. I renamed one of the videos to follow the proper TV episode naming protocol. I created an NFO file for this episode, then refreshed the folder, but that did not do what I want.
I just found this thread and tried to replicate it.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=118344

Jazzercise.nfo (<TV Show> info)
S01E01Jazzercise.nfo (<episode> ino)
S01E01Jazzercise.wmv

No dice so far.
(2015-08-19, 03:31)EricHoya Wrote: That fixed it, I had spelled Jazzercise wrong.

Rofl

Well you have a choice:
1. Either have them in set content with an NFO file and access there. (Watch the video at the end of that post and note the content flagging (TV or movie) Then when that shows up in either TV or movies: hit the contextual menu on that Jane Fonda icon for the show that you created, and add to FAVORITES. then favorites is accessed from the home screen tile.

2. Create a video source with no content, no NFO, etc, just raw file name. Go to VIDEOS, files, the source, and same thing... Select video, contextual menu, and add to favorites. Same as 1 above.

Some skins like 1080 have tiles that you can add content to, so you can see the spandex laden video directly.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
I still cannot get a video to add to the library as a tv show. I placed one of the videos in a new folder, made a movie NFO and used the NFO for the video. I added this as a movie and it shows up in the movie library. I added some sweatin to the oldies artwork and that looks good. I made sure the movie file name matched the title in the NFO, but not sure this is necessary.
I can just add some more videos to this as a set, but I really want these as a tv shows so I can keep them separate from my movie library.
It's annoying to have to scroll between all the kids movies to get what I need. Cars, Denise Austin, despicable me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.0 adding tv show issue0