Copying Kodi config to another computer
Hey guys
I installed Kodi on my girlfriends laptop to watch at her place but she has no internet access

So what I thought of doing is when I download more movies at home, I can install kodi on my home windows computer and search for movie titles and covers at home with my internet, and somehow copy them onto her laptop when I bring my movies over
is that possible?
Providing you have the NFO file, video and any other pertintent files, I can't see why there would be an issue.

You wouldn't even need to copy them to your girlfriend's laptop, Kodi could read it straight off the transfer device.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
ok, but just make me understand, is the transfer device my hard drive with the movie files on it?

or if I were to copy the nfo file where is it located
Transfer device could be HDD, SSD, USB, Micro SD, what ever floats your boat.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2015-08-19, 12:51)levi.baker88 Wrote: Transfer device could be HDD, SSD, USB, Micro SD, what ever floats your boat.

right so it's the device with my media files on there that I play
in my case my USB external HDD wit my movies and shows I play locally.

so you saying if I just plug this into a newly installed kodi player on a windows machine I r should just work all the DVD covers?
The bottom line, is that you can simply copy your media folders to a USB drive (for example), and on Your GF computer, simply plug it in, transfer the files to her video directory. All the NFO, art and all that you scraped from your machine will be there. In her set content for the video source, use contextual menu, and turn off the scrapers (since she doesn't have the intertruth). Now her library will look just like yours.

This is assuming that your library has folders for each show or movie, and that you may be selective about what shows you take over. . Within the folder is the show, NFO, cover art, fan art, etc. if you have an unmanaged directory, have fun finding all the associated files.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copying Kodi config to another computer0