Suggestion for Pictures and HDTV's
Most people with HDTV's seem to be running in 720p, as XBMC is more responsive in this mode.

The video section has it's own resolution so you can change to 1080i when a video is being played and revert back to 720p when finished.

Could the same be done to Pictures?

I love seeing the pictures in the highest res, but am not willing to take the hit just shifting around the rest of the screens.
Nice idea!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I've been thinking about this further and the same could be applied to visualisations as well as pictures..

So there would be one res for the GUI, and another for everything else?

Would this be difficult? or would it just be one lookup before the new screen, be it for video, picture or visualisation was initialised..
you dont want the vis running at 1080i... it bogs it down. 720p works nicely though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Good idea! I find most displays here are 1366x768 or 1024x768. Will benefit some with 1080i picture viewing
i think this would be a rather simple change for someone (else, that is) to investigate. you should be able to mimic the code that the video renderer uses to change resolutions when video plays. you switch resolutions before the SlideShow window is opened (this is where the picture textures are drawn), and then restore the GUI resolution when returning back to the GUI.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Some vis will run happily @ 1080i, but your right it will cause chugging on the majority.
Would it be better to have different resolutions for vis, pictures, video and gui?

With an option to change the resolution within the relevant settings section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion for Pictures and HDTV's0