Req Suggestion - Flatten Recordings View
In Kodi recordings view I find it preferable to display only recordings in the "Default" recording group.
Presently with my mythbackend setup I get two parent folders "Default" and "LiveTV" and must always navigate into "Default" to view the recordings I care about.

As a patch I have been using as a workaround

Code:
diff --git a/src/cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.cpp b/src/cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.cpp
index cede9e9..a0ce2bc 100644
--- a/src/cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.cpp
+++ b/src/cppmyth/MythProgramInfo.cpp
@@ -107,8 +107,8 @@ bool MythProgramInfo::IsSetup() const
     {
       if (RecordingGroup() == "Deleted" || IsDeletePending())
         m_flags |= FLAGS_IS_DELETED;
-      else
-        m_flags |= FLAGS_IS_VISIBLE;
+      if (RecordingGroup() == "Default")
+        m_flags |= FLAGS_IS_VISIBLE; // Only show programs from the default recording group
     }

// Is LiveTV ?
diff --git a/src/pvrclient-mythtv.cpp b/src/pvrclient-mythtv.cpp
index e367beb..210cb9b 100644
--- a/src/pvrclient-mythtv.cpp
+++ b/src/pvrclient-mythtv.cpp
@@ -860,9 +860,9 @@ PVR_ERROR PVRClientMythTV::GetRecordings(ADDON_HANDLE handle)
       tag.iGenreType = genre&0xF0;

// Add recording title to directory to group everything according to its name just like MythTV does
-      std::string strDirectory(it->second.RecordingGroup());
+      std::string strDirectory("");
       if (g_iGroupRecordings == GROUP_RECORDINGS_ALWAYS || (g_iGroupRecordings == GROUP_RECORDINGS_ONLY_FOR_SERIES && it->second.GetPropsSerie()))
-        strDirectory.append("/").append(it->second.Title());
+        strDirectory.append(it->second.Title());
       PVR_STRCPY(tag.strDirectory, strDirectory.c_str());

// Images

But I wonder if perhaps a configurable option would be better.
Leaving this as a suggestion to see if there is any interest among other users.

Thanks for your work Jean-Luc.
I would be very interested in this being implemented, i appeiciate why there are 2 folders, however I only "care" about the recordings in the default folder.

As a quick dirty solution I've made the default folder as a favourite so I ( or rather my family) can navigate straight to the (correct) recordings, the small issue here of course is that when you back up you see the 2 default and live TV folders...
The folder LiveTV or showing live recordings allows to list previously watched shows and then launch action "Keep live recording" (in Client action context menu) to keep recording and move it to the default group. Also it allows to replay live show etc...
Non-flatten view allows to hide live tv shows by grouping them in a special folder "LiveTV". So If you don't want see them use the non-flatten view. Finally you have an option in addon settings (advanced tab) to avoid grouping of shows: "Group recordings by title":
- Only for series
- never
- always

Option "never" is the flatten view in group folders.
(2015-08-26, 09:12)janbar Wrote: The folder LiveTV or showing live recordings allows to list previously watched shows and then launch action "Keep live recording" (in Client action context menu) to keep recording and move it to the default group. Also it allows to replay live show etc...
Non-flatten view allows to hide live tv shows by grouping them in a special folder "LiveTV". So If you don't want see them use the non-flatten view. Finally you have an option in addon settings (advanced tab) to avoid grouping of shows: "Group recordings by title":
- Only for series
- never
- always

Option "never" is the flatten view in group folders.

so under view options in the sidebar (in recordings), i have "grouped items" if I un-select this, items are flattened and so i now have a mixture of Live TV programmes and Default (recorded) programmes.

But even though i select "Group Recordings by Title" as Only for Series (i want to keep episodes in a programme folder) the recordings are flattened e.g not in their programme folder. by selecting Grouped items, i then get the series/episodes in their respective folder...

Is there no way so from recording you just see the "default" recordings with Grouped series? not sure if i'm doing something wrong?
Most of users have more than the recording groups "Default" and "LiveTV", and they use them to split or sort recordings by category. So there is no reason to remove this feature. If you don't want merge all recordings in one view you have just to keep selected "Group Items". Also live-stream is a recording as any other, you have just recorded it on the fly and you can replay it. That is one of the facilities of the addon. Having used mythfrontend for a time, i released this addon to make a friendly front as simple as possible with most of possibilities offer by the backend.
(2015-08-26, 20:04)AshG Wrote: so under view options in the sidebar (in recordings), i have "grouped items" if I un-select this, items are flattened and so i now have a mixture of Live TV programmes and Default (recorded) programmes.

But even though i select "Group Recordings by Title" as Only for Series (i want to keep episodes in a programme folder) the recordings are flattened e.g not in their programme folder. by selecting Grouped items, i then get the series/episodes in their respective folder...

Is there no way so from recording you just see the "default" recordings with Grouped series? not sure if i'm doing something wrong?
Nothing wrong. Choosing setting "Group recordings by title" = "only for series" will group several recordings with same title in a sub-folder of the "mythtv" recording group (Default ...).
But un-selecting "Group items" from side-bar will break all groupings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion - Flatten Recordings View0