How to View RAM Usage?
Hi - I'm getting a critical low memory warning on my Fire TV Stick that forces me to the Stick's Manage Application section (which takes FOREVER to load and refresh...ugh). Prior to this I had a lot of buffering issues, and cache warnings. Oddly, everything worked great for several weeks. I didn't make any major changes that would point me to the culprit.

Is there an app (like on stock Android) that will show me what's currently in RAM? I read elsewhere on the forum that 100MB or less of available RAM should be fine. Is that really the case? I'm regretting not getting the Fire TV Box that has 2GB of RAM at this point, but hoping to learn enough about Kodi to salvage the Stick.

Any suggestion on finding the culprit? Thank you!
1 GB of RAM is more than enough for Kodi on Android. Kodi runs perfectly on devices with only 512MB of RAM.

Your buffering and cache warnings have nothing to do with running out of RAM. Buffering happens when something (it might not be your end of the connection) is too slow to send the video over. The cache warning is just saying that it is buffering a lot.
Oh, and the critical low memory warning is not RAM. That's talking about the internal drive space. OP probably enabled a "zero cache" mode, and that breaks wonderfully on a Fire TV stick. Disable any "zero cache" mode and/or delete the advancedsettings.xml file (go to the file manager (wiki) in Kodi, then into the "Profile director". Then select advancedsettings.xml, bring up the menu, and select delete. Then reboot).

If there is no advancedsettings.xml file then something else might be eating the drive memory, like too many apps or some weird temp file downloaded from an add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to View RAM Usage?0