3ivX video codec playback support in XBMC
btw, for those following: official feature request for this on xbmc's sourceforge page:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581841

looks like this will be added soonish :d

* appleguru rejoices and thanks all the xbmc devs for their hard work.
thats what i said 2 weeks ago, did you read the previous posts?
yes, i did. (my posts originated in a thread i started before i knew of this one's existence; they have been merged.)
cool.. i like your tracker. btw
well, at least xbmc (with the mplayer core updatded to pre5) now plays .movs with compressed headers...

now if its .mov parsing was more roboust and it could playback my .movs that start with flash menus or sprite tracks (ignoring the tracks it can't play) as well as playing back .movs with mutiple audio/video tracks (a selection menu would kick ass!Wink then i'd be the happiest man alive :p
i find it very weird that 3ivx doesn't playback in xbmc acually. if i remeber correctly 3ivx is supposed to be confirming to mpeg4 specs entirely, it should be playable by ffmpeg which is used in mplayer. will se if i can find a sample and figure it out.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@elupus: you can download samples here

for i play this files, i use:
a) this mplayer (unrar mplayer and codecs.conf and copy in mplayer dir)
b) this codecs (unrar and copy in mplayer\codecs)
c) xbmc 2004-08-29 and some modif that are in sf.

@appleguru: can you test with your xbmc? (download a) and b) and it works firts time!Wink

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
@elupus... no, 3ivx plays fine in xbmc... who said it didn't? :d

this thread was about compressed header support, which the latest build of mplayer (pre5, which you updated to core to) fixes.

my comment about more robust .mov parsing still stands tho :p

maybe i'll make another post, but here's what i mean for now:

1. read metadata in .movs (title, performers, date, comments, etc)

2. not fail on .movs that contain some tracks xbmc can play and some that it can't (ie .movs with flash/sprite menus but still 3ivx mpeg-4 video/mpeg-4 audio)

3. have some way to eanable/disable playback of multiple audio/video tracks (and to enable the playback of such .movs)

4. support for quicktime text tracks (for movies with subtitles, etc)

5. support quicktime chapter markers (a subset of text tracks really) for easy movie navigation...

btw, i can provide sample clips for... all of these kinds of .movs Wink
appleguru: is any of this supported in mplayer?

not sure where you would go to get a build to run on your platform, but if you can hunt down a copy and check then you'll know if it's possible to support it in xbmc.

if mplayer doesn't support these features then you won't see it in xbmc until it does.

mplayer supports sub and audio tracks in ogm and matroska, since they are widely used (although no chapter support yet), but to be honest the .mov container seems to be not much in use apart from in movie trailers, from what little research i've done on the subject .mov isn't highly thought of at all (at least not on the mplayer mailing list lol).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3ivX video codec playback support in XBMC0