Startup parameters, command line options
i have a question.

i am using evox to startup xbmc, but i have one question about xbmc. is it possible to pass parameters
to xmbc when it starts up. i have seen that there is an autoexec pyhton script run eacht time xbmc is started, but it does not do the job for me.

what i want to realise is, that in the evox menu i want to have a list of most my favorite movies/music and when i select it, i want to startup xbmc playing the file.

if it is not possible, maybe its a good suggestion for a new feature. what would be cool is to give a parameter to xbmc which is a filename of a pyhthonscript which is executed after the autoexec script, so you could do a lot more when starting up.

thanks already
been suggested before...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Image so it is not possible yet.

thanks.
no, what you are asking is not currectly possible (nor planned for that matter). moving to the feature subbestions forum
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
actually i was planning to do it at some point. Image

hello
go at this page :

http://www.gueux.net/xbmc-scripts/index.html

@++
i agree this is definatly a major feature that would be kickass..a multi-divx dvd where you click one with the parameters
"d:\xbmc - panic room.avi" or something along that way...
great work guys :d :d

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup parameters, command line options0