Updated WakeUp.py.. English alarm/timer
I made the wakeup! script by Alex a bit more functional.. Its set up as my cooking timer although values can be changed.. It supports minute timing, and time of day alarms..
The included .wav is actually a recording of a droplet of salt water falling into a high voltage potential field.. Its pretty neat..
I'd like to find a way to properly shut down the timer, and to fix a bug where the xbox freezes if you relaunch the timer after completion while media is playing..
http://triggernum5.servebeer.com/AlarmCl...mer(Wakeup !V3).zip
http://triggernum5.servebeer.com/AlarmCl...20!V3).zip

The linker doesn't like spaces I guess
Nice to see a 're-use' of my scripts Smile
Thanks
So since you wrote that have you learned how to get around the permanent[Shutting Down]? Or is that an intrinsic unsolvable? And any idea for the cause of the freeze I mentioned?
I didn't had a look on it from that time... And I will not get much more time next months (I'm waiting for a baby for beginning of February)

For stopping the script, I may have an idea...
When you launch the timer thread, you can import a dummy library.

At the running of the script, you can check if th dummy library is loaded. If so, it means that an alarm is running ; else, it means no alarm is running, so you can set a new alarm.
When the timer finish, you unload the dummy library.

It is not very clean, but it should work
Cleaner than a file based approach I suppose.. I've been using file existance/time to do other similar things.. Doesn't xbmc handle the shutdown though rather than the .py? Shouldn't I be looking for a way of killing thread1 rather than preventing thread2?
Bumping this only because I didn't look into the xbmcscripts.com procedure.. Anybody who has an upload acct feel free to do that unless Alex has a reason to object..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated WakeUp.py.. English alarm/timer0