[MOD] Affini's PM3 Mod'd Skin
Thumbs Up 
40MB, get here... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WRKWXB19

tested on XBMC 2.0.1 build 2006-12-17 rev 7377

I've added a ton of custom images for the backgrounds plus made some custom buttons and such. The goal was to keep the PM3 theme true and arrange the interface to be more elegant and also easier to navigate for the non-tech guests that I have. All the tweaks are small but make large improvements IMO.

I have included some XMLs as examples. All you need to do is customize the Home.xml, DialogSubMenu.xml, and Sources.xml to get it set for your own use.

Enjoy!

all screenshots here... http://members.cox.net/ltek/xbmc.htm

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
nice skin.
i realy like the button-scroller in "home".
thats why i prefer the PDM skin.
but i'll give it a try....
donabi Wrote:nice skin.
i realy like the button-scroller in "home".
thats why i prefer the PDM skin.
but i'll give it a try....

I prefer the button scroller too. I like having direct access to my most used items and scripts... that is why I put it in. Also, I added some animations too Wink

Enjoy!
just downloaded it and looked at the files.
tipp: smokehead mentioned a while ago, that bmp loads quicker than jpg (backgroundpictures in home).

well, it will take a while, before i can realy test it.
donabi Wrote:just downloaded it and looked at the files.
tipp: smokehead mentioned a while ago, that bmp loads quicker than jpg (backgroundpictures in home).

well, it will take a while, before i can realy test it.

they may but they also take up more hd space... and I have seen zero lag with the images... I fade them in a bit for effect.
My I stuck with the main 2.0.1 release and the skin is not recognosed, I get the message I must have a v2 skin.

Any ideas Huh?
qwakuk Wrote:My I stuck with the main 2.0.1 release and the skin is not recognosed, I get the message I must have a v2 skin.

Any ideas Huh?

you need to make sure to have a skin.xml file in the root of the folder. Either copy the original PM3 skin.xml or copy/paste the below code into a new one...

Code:
<skin>
  <defaultresolution>pal</defaultresolution>
  <defaultresolutionwide>pal16x9</defaultresolutionwide>
  <version>2.1</version>

<!-- amount to zoom skin to remove overscan compensation -->
  <zoom>1.1</zoom>

<credits>
    <skinname>Project Mayhem III</skinname>
    <name>Original Skin by Mathias Mahling aka. ChokeManiac</name>
    <name>Mods by Affini</name>
  </credits>
</skin>
I downloaded the rar, extracted the Project Mayhem III directory and renamed it and then ftpd it to the skins folder.

Other skins loaded the same way work ok.
qwakuk Wrote:I downloaded the rar, extracted the Project Mayhem III directory and renamed it and then ftpd it to the skins folder.

Other skins loaded the same way work ok.

Did you look to see if the skin.xml is in the folder called "Project Mayhem III"?
I have the same problem. The skin.xml is in the folder. I had originally tried to just overwrite the existing Poject Mayhem III with this new one and was able to switch to the new skin, but upon reboot all I would get is a black screen. I am using 2.01 also.
try this link...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1H9VK39

this has only been tested on XBMC build 2006-12-17 rev7377 but should work on anything 2.0.1 and newer.
Affini - yes i checked for the file skin.xml, even replaced it with a new one made from the code you posted above.

Ryker, i get nothing, just tells me I need a v2 skin.

Will try removing the original PM3 skin when i have more time and replacing it with Affini's
Affini Wrote:try this link...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1H9VK39

this has only been tested on XBMC build 2006-12-17 rev7377 but should work on anything 2.0.1 and newer.

downloading it now
Hi, im new here .... location germany

this PMIII mod is an verry great JOB - Nod thank you Big Grin

by djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
For those having problems make sure you have the entire RAR extracted into it's own folder - call it whatever you want. I just replace my 'Project Mayhem III' completely.

Here's another RAR with UserData files. You do not need them but it shows you how I set up my RSSfeeds and Sources.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Affini's PM3 Mod'd Skin0