[MOD] Affini's PM3 Mod'd Skin
Love this skin/mod!! I can't believe I just now found it. I've been looking for something with a customizable home menu for quite a while. Great job!

Anyway... Do you plan to usew the new XBMC logo in you home.xml? It's an improvement over the old one IMHO.
RockDawg Wrote:Love this skin/mod!! I can't believe I just now found it. I've been looking for something with a customizable home menu for quite a while. Great job!

Anyway... Do you plan to usew the new XBMC logo in you home.xml? It's an improvement over the old one IMHO.

I may... but I'd need to redo the home screen complete since they changed it a ton a while back. I'm using an older version. I'll see what I can do when I get time.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Affini-PMIII-rev9834.zip...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5FNJL1IV
I d/l your skin and added to skins folder called it PMIIIb and then loaded. All worked fine except I cant seem to find the 'settings' link. How do I access the main settings menus??

cheers.
I had this same issue, but it is there....

On the home screen press left (or was it right) several times, it'll go through the icons at the bottom left and then the highlight will seem to dissapear (As far as i can tell), clicking "a" now will take you to the settings.

Hope that helps.

Shorty

P.S - Nice mod!
Yes, I hid the screen from sight. I do not understand why it would be needed in plain site Wink

I like the PM3 look/feel but the usability I always felt was off... not efficient so I changed the interface to be more logical and user friendly... for the average user (non-techie person).

Glad you like it... enjoy.
No the skin is great, and if you know how to get to settings, then it's no problem.

I think we just got stuck when trying to change from your skin to another.

No problem though now we know.

Shorty
A hidden button that you have to press isn't very "logical or user friendly".

Maybe show the button when focused? If it already does this and I misundertood peoples posts, ignore this.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:A hidden button that you have to press isn't very "logical or user friendly".

Maybe show the button when focused? If it already does this and I misundertood peoples posts, ignore this.

Do you suggest a button that is triggered by psyonics? Wink

A hidden button is logical... and that one iten is not meant to be friendly like the rest of the interface... it is meant only for the admin to know about. I wanted the button "out of the way" so it did not clutter up the interface or have people try to use it that shouldn't... you can password protect it too.
oh yea... and it does 'show' you you are on the button by changing the background... so quit bagging on the gui if you've never used it Tongue
This is just a great skin. I really like it...

I'm a non-techie person but I managed to change the home menu so i just got the menus I need. Big Grin

But I can see you have changed the way the small preview of a movie is shown when you go to the home menu. Instead of being shown behind the grids as the backgrounds pictures it's in front of the grids and much bigger.

Can you tell me what I need to change in the home.xml so the small preview is shown as in the original PMlll ??

Again a great job you have done to tweak this great skin.
Affini Wrote:oh yea... and it does 'show' you you are on the button by changing the background... so quit bagging on the gui if you've never used it Tongue

Smile
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Boxcar Wrote:This is just a great skin. I really like it...

I'm a non-techie person but I managed to change the home menu so i just got the menus I need. Big Grin

But I can see you have changed the way the small preview of a movie is shown when you go to the home menu. Instead of being shown behind the grids as the backgrounds pictures it's in front of the grids and much bigger.

Can you tell me what I need to change in the home.xml so the small preview is shown as in the original PMlll ??

Again a great job you have done to tweak this great skin.

I honestly cannot remember where that is... rummage around, youll find it.
Great mod. Thanks a lot for the great work!!!

One quick question: In what XML can I edit what the buttons on the title menu link to?

Thanks and best, Steve
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Great mod. Thanks a lot for the great work!!!

One quick question: In what XML can I edit what the buttons on the title menu link to?

Thanks and best, Steve

Do you mean the Home screen main menu? look at HOME.XML (btw, read the first post, it tells you what has been mod'd)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Affini's PM3 Mod'd Skin0