[MOD] Affini's PM3 Mod'd Skin
Affini Wrote:Do you mean the Home screen main menu? look at HOME.XML (btw, read the first post, it tells you what has been mod'd)

Thanks very much for the super-quick reply. Really cool to chat directly with the developpers in this forum.

I have looked through this threat as well as through the forum. Unfortunately, I didn't find an answer to this fairly easy question.

The home XML contains for a button (for example) the following info:

</button>
<button id="4">
<description>TV Shows</description>
<label>TV Shows</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles)</onclick>
</button>

Where is it specified where "MyVideoFiles" leads to? I would like to change this in the XML files and not over the GUI.

Thanks and best, Steve
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
That is built into the skinning engine in XBMC, nothing to do with the skin itself. It tells XBMC which view to start with.

You should start reading the Online Manual to understand basics of XBMC and skinning before you attempt to mod anything.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Affini Wrote:That is built into the skinning engine in XBMC, nothing to do with the skin itself. It tells XBMC which view to start with.

You should start reading the Online Manual to understand basics of XBMC and skinning before you attempt to mod anything.

Thanks again for your quick reply. I thought and hoped that I could this easily without getting into the world of modding. Will read the manual and hope that I can make some progress here.

I have two more questions regarding the skin (though they might again lead to the same answer -> modding):

(i) Is it possible to jump from the hom directly to the movies in library view(instead of having to arrive at the movie folder and then open the folder to arrive there? I guess it comes down to modding againm isnt it?

(ii) When I go to library view and scan the movie section, it scans all the movies and not only those in the selected folder. I searched the forum and also the manual and didn't find help. Probably has nothing to do with the skin either, but you might have an idea.

Again, any help is highly appreciated, Steve
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
i) yes - read the online manual about setting views and bookmarks
ii) not a function of the skin; I don't know, ask for help in the help forum.
Aff, something I want to run by you for your opinion....

The one view for the music library... I'll call it a flip book with the album views and the data at the bottom. What do you think of something similar with the Video library where the covers are in a straight line? No data under it except the name thats there but the covers in a flip book style similar to the music library view but a bit larger. And, how dificult do you think it would be to impliment?
HarshReality Wrote:Aff, something I want to run by you for your opinion....

The one view for the music library... I'll call it a flip book with the album views and the data at the bottom. What do you think of something similar with the Video library where the covers are in a straight line? No data under it except the name thats there but the covers in a flip book style similar to the music library view but a bit larger. And, how dificult do you think it would be to impliment?

Harsh,
Sorry for the late response... I did not get an email on this post.

I want to make PM3 a widescreen skin... e.g. make the left-side menu dissapear to allow better use of the screen real estate. This would allow for something like you are talking about. But more then I can tackle myself. I'm better with the photoshop side of things then the XML itself.

I do like the scrolling covers look. Tilted looks nice or like these...

Xephyr XBMC skin

Vudu media box has a cool one too
Affini Wrote:Affini-PMIII-rev9834.zip...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5FNJL1IV

thanks, the mod's look and sound sweet.

TIP:
maybe you can post de "updates" in the "first opening post" of this topic. That way people do not have to search through the whole topic to find what the latest version is.

keep up the good modding-work...
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
jochenz Wrote:thanks, the mod's look and sound sweet.

TIP:
maybe you can post de "updates" in the "first opening post" of this topic. That way people do not have to search through the whole topic to find what the latest version is.

keep up the good modding-work...

let me know how to edit the first post and I will... i have not seen a way to do it on this forum Sad
Affini Wrote:let me know how to edit the first post and I will... i have not seen a way to do it on this forum Sad

How to edit your posts

It should be possible. Can't you just click the edit button on your first post?

Especially in these kind of topics, it would be easy to be able to edit your first post...moderatorHuh
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
jochenz Wrote:How to edit your posts

It should be possible. Can't you just click the edit button on your first post?

Especially in these kind of topics, it would be easy to be able to edit your first post...moderatorHuh

there is NOT an edit button... I'm not a retard. Stare
No offence to the creator, I don't like it. Any skin that does not have a simple settings button is pretty well useless. Sorry.
maximus Wrote:No offence to the creator, I don't like it. Any skin that does not have a simple settings button is pretty well useless. Sorry.

You don't like it, don't use it... why waste the time posting?

Not everyone will find everything useful, or atually understand the design... maybe both for you?

If you actually read the info I give in the first post, the skin DOES have a hidden settings button, for good reason. There should never be a reason to constantly mess with the settings so there is no need to have it on the main menu, or in plain sight. To have this on the main screen is actually poor GUI design.... or do you put the device manager shortcut on your windows desktop?

... I don't care either way.
maximus Wrote:No offence to the creator, I don't like it. Any skin that does not have a simple settings button is pretty well useless. Sorry.

What's useless is commenting on a skin when you didn't even take the time to learn how it works.

Obviously everyone has different tastes, but I agree with Affini that there isn't a need to have the settings be a visible control on the home screen. Once it's set up, there's not a lot of reason to be constantly going into settings.
I finally got around to trying out this skin - thought it was the "bees knees" with the direct TV and Movie links on the home page. I like the settings thingee hidden as well. Like you said, no need for joe blow to have access to it.

I do have a couple of questions though.

1 - Is the skin set-up to always load each area in file mode as it is doing on my set-up - or am I doing something wrong? If this is the way you have set it up, can this be easily changed? I always use library mode and when I select either of the links (TV/movie) file mode is the result.

2 - Hiding some of the buttons on the home page. I realise you can set the visible tags, but I'm not sure how to set "invisible" tags. Do I just change the </visible> to </invisible>? or do I have to add another line? The manual only mentions "visible" tags

Thx in advance. Great skin BTW Smile
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:I finally got around to trying out this skin - thought it was the "bees knees" with the direct TV and Movie links on the home page. I like the settings thingee hidden as well. Like you said, no need for joe blow to have access to it.

I do have a couple of questions though.

1 - Is the skin set-up to always load each area in file mode as it is doing on my set-up - or am I doing something wrong? If this is the way you have set it up, can this be easily changed? I always use library mode and when I select either of the links (TV/movie) file mode is the result.

2 - Hiding some of the buttons on the home page. I realise you can set the visible tags, but I'm not sure how to set "invisible" tags. Do I just change the </visible> to </invisible>? or do I have to add another line? The manual only mentions "visible" tags

Thx in advance. Great skin BTW Smile

1 - Yes, it loads in Files view. You change this by changing the bookmarks... do a search on it in the online manual and it will tell you the options for Library views.

2 - search the onlin manual for visability... it will explain it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Affini's PM3 Mod'd Skin0