• 8(current)
current state and vision
since Fernet retired videoplayer development/refactoring basically stopped. Other devs currently focus on 4vL2 hw decoding and rendering for anything Linux. Moving something like the videorenderer to a binary add-on is certainly possible, but nobody is working on it - at least not that I'm aware of. If anybody is interested in working on it, just ping our devs over at IRC or start asking question here on our forums.
What is the vision (see 1st page) now?
Will PiP ever be in Kodi?
Can we know why FernetMenta retired?

Thx FernetMenta for all contribuitions to Kodi
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-09-03, 13:22)FernetMenta Wrote: Kodi's video player is one of the oldest and most important components of the application.

I was big into Kodi up until HDR came out, I have installed major updates, tried to play my UHDs or HDR rips then gone back to MPC-BE+madVR and it has been years that I have used Kodi other than testing it once in awhile. Like FernetMenta said, Kodi is first and foremost a player then a frontend, if it can't play it properly then there is no use developing other features, it would be a waste of time.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
current state and vision1