Using a hudl device for Kodi installation!
Hi,

I have a hudl android device and have a couple of questions. I know not a fat lot about computers, and only in the last few weeks have i learn t about Kodi. The only way I could define it, is that its a media platform which is needed to play lots of video and music formats and that you download add ons so that you can watch tv channels and movie and SportsHuh

Firstly,I was going to wipe all my current stuff off it and restore to factory settings.

1) Is it ok to use a Hudl to install Kodi onto?

2) Would it be recommended to Brick the device first. (let me tell you, I would not have a clue how to do this)

3) Is there a tutorial for installing it onto the Hudl?

4) Computer shops are selling android boxes for between £75 & £125, with all the channels pre-loaded. Is this the same as what I'm hoping to do?

5) They claim to have Sky channels on there. Is this true, possible and legal?

Thanks for any answers...
1) no idea. Since you already have it, you might as well try and install Kodi on it.

2) no? To "brick" something means it is broken permanently, and thus it becomes a "brick". I would not recommend breaking things. Well, it depends on the situation...

3) see Android (wiki). It's pretty much the same for most Android devices.

4/5) no, it's not legal. A lot of sellers will tell you it is, but they're normally pirated/bootleg streams. Especially when they claim to have "everything" or call things "fully loaded".

Please note that the Kodi project does not like that people do this, which associates Kodi with piracy. If users choose to do this themselves, that's up to them and Kodi is not restricted, but please understand that Kodi does not provide those add-ons Kodi is primarily designed to be used with local media that the user already has.

Also see http://kodi.tv/about and Kodi (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a hudl device for Kodi installation!0