• 7(current)
Release Play Random Videos - context item and script
(2021-06-01, 14:31)GaryK4 Wrote: I installed the add-on and I do not see it in the context menu.
Did you restart Kodi? Sometimes context items won't appear until a restart
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-06-01, 21:43)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-06-01, 14:31)GaryK4 Wrote: I installed the add-on and I do not see it in the context menu.
Did you restart Kodi? Sometimes context items won't appear until a restart

Yes, I restarted Kodi. Then when that did not work, I rebooted the Chromecast TV device.
Other than installing the app, is there any other settings required?
(2021-06-01, 21:50)GaryK4 Wrote: is there any other settings required?
No

I see what you mean. I just installed the add-on and there was no context menu item, so there is no way to start playing trailers.

@rmrector will need to look into it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Actually, in settings there is a 'per skin' enable/disable toggle for both items. I did have to enable at least one of them.
(2021-06-01, 22:12)Atreyu Wrote: Actually, in settings there is a 'per skin' enable/disable toggle for both items. I did have to enable at least one of them.
Under Add-Ons, My Add-On's, I go to configuration. I see (2) settings. There is no toggle for either. But if I click on one an do OK, then come back in. The title toggles (enable/disable).
I tried both, only one, enable, disable, restart. Still, I never see a change in the context menu.
I am using the default skin.
(2021-06-01, 22:12)Atreyu Wrote: in settings there is a 'per skin' enable/disable toggle for both items. I did have to enable at least one of them.
I don't have any toggle in Estuary skin. Even performing the steps by GaryK4 I don't get any toggles and no context menu entry.
My Signature
That is weird. I just checked and both toggles are visible and enabled. In a folder with multiple files I get two context menu items added (play random and play one random). Using Estuary.
If I remember correctly i installed from rmrectors repo, not from the Kodi repo. Might be worth a try. Otherwise, I hope rmrector can figure this out...
I don't think you need to be enabling settings on first install to get this to work, especially in the default skin. It should just work without adjustment.

This is what I have...

My Signature
In the situation above i would expect only 'play one random' would be available.
What happens if you enable 'play random' and try again from directory level?
I don't see the context menu items either if I enter the directory.
(2021-06-01, 23:34)Atreyu Wrote: In the situation above i would expect only 'play only one random' would be available.
On the Source folder in Videos>Files, I do have "Play one random"
My Signature
(2021-06-01, 23:34)Atreyu Wrote: In the situation above i would expect only 'play one random' would be available.
What happens if you enable 'play random' and try again from directory level?
I don't see the context menu items either if I enter the directory.

I tried both combinations. no luck.
Are you entering the context menu of a selected file or a directory?
(2021-06-01, 23:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-06-01, 23:34)Atreyu Wrote: In the situation above i would expect only 'play only one random' would be available.
On the Source folder in Videos>Files, I do have "Play one random"
I think it only works in this mode.
(2021-06-01, 23:50)Atreyu Wrote: I think it only works in this mode.
ok, thanks. I've not used the addon before.
My Signature
You have been missing out, then @Karellen Wink
I am so happy this one survived the python-bump 😁
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Random Videos - context item and script2