Stream Apple Movie Trailers (like in Freevo)
a friend of mine showed me a new feature in freevo (a linux htpc software) that was kind of nice, you can watch trailers from apples movie trailer page. i think it would be neat if xbmc could do this to. the freevo plugin (with source) can be found here. the plugin is written i python, and i think it is open source?
sounds interesting (i vote for it, although i don't know python so i can't port it).

and, perhaps if someone could make this python script work with minor hacks, it'd be a cheap way of shutting up a lot of users that keep posting on the forums for web browsers and apple trailer browsers, etc. etc. Wink
forgive me if i'm wrong but isn't this rather useless since freevo still uses mplayer as it's core to accomplish video playback.

all this script is doing is presenting a nice ui for the apple trailers homepage!

freevo is a front end to mplayer, mplayer is still used for video playback and hence we still have the same problem stated here:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=1921

it doesn't help in any way with the actual decoding and playback of quicktime.
you are not wrong deltop, there is no point in implementeding quicktime streaming of any kind if xbmc can not decode the contense of it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream Apple Movie Trailers (like in Freevo)0