Moving Movies
Hi,

At the moment i've got the movies scattered over a number of drives on my server, like so....

D:\MoviesD
E:\MoviesE
F:\MoviesF
etc

I'm wanting to use drivepool to better manage these but ideally want to keep my library intact i.e. Ones i've watched marked, recently added , favourites.
is there anyway to do this?

Cheers
I am aware of two ways to acomplish almost what you want in case that you are moving your data to a different machine (a network server).

First (and what i would do is) after moving all the media to a central place is to map each folder to its old location (C:, D: or whatever it was). This way you should trick Kodi and no metadata will be lost.
For example if a part of your movies were in D:\media\movies1 create a shared folder (for example dmovies1) on your server with 2 subfolders - media and its subfolder movies1. Then mount the shared folder (dmovies1) as drive D:\.

The second way involves exporting the library to multiple .NFO files and then importing everything back (adding be sources and rescraping using only local information). But first read the wiki article regarding the watch status but do not know if that info will be included into the the .NFO files that Kodi generates..This way you will lose (at least I think so but I might be wrong) data like recently added.

In case you intend just to present all the media you have as part of one virtual folder(s) on the same machine then (i might be wrong but) your only choice would be to edit the paths in Kodis database.
Sounds a bit of work that Sad

After reading round a little I was thinking about moving everything to the drivepool movies folder when opening up the kodi database and use SQL to just change all the location paths to point to the new drivepool share.

Not sure if that'll work, might give it a test with just a couple of movies.
Isn't it this what you wanna do?
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_SQL_...files_move

Though I actually used the trakt.tv addon instead. I was too lazy to learn and mess around with SQLite. Not sure it went so much faster using trakt.tv

* Sync watched data to a trakt.tv account (Enable: Synchronize->Add watched movies/episodes to Trakt history)
* Move the files.
* Clean the library.
* Add the files again.
* Sync trakt.tv->Kodi. (Enable: Synchronize->Mark movies from Trakt history as watched in Kodi)
Hacking the SQL database has always been the way I solve this kind of moving around. If you make a copy of the database before you start, allowing you to undo any changes, then it can be fairly simple as long as you follow EXACTLY the steps/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving Movies1