• 19(current)
Amazon Fire TV 2 (4K)
Does anyone know if there is a way for Kodi on FTV2 to upscale all content to 4K?
(2016-04-05, 20:32)hdmkv Wrote: Kodi now appears on Fire TV homescreen, under recent apps, w/o any hacks. Lack of Kodi app on Amazon app store still forcing us to sideload however.
True. But many owners of the original Fire TV have been sideloading Kodi for nearly 2 years meaning it is not really a big deal to continue doing so.
I do apologize if I am posting in wrong section.
Having 3 Sticks running for more than year (around 15 months). Is there .apk plug for you tube add on? I have been looking around for a while but could not find it. All 3 sticks are side loaded.
2 are running on 15.2 and 3rd one on 16.0
I do not need to be spoon feed, just point me at right direction.
Thanks in advance
You don't need a .apk for youtube to sideload. The Youtube app is directly available (for free) at the Amazon app store. I guess you should find it on the FireTV stick in the apps section and download it from there.
When using Kodi 15 on Fire TV 2 and a pluggin on Kodi wants to download a text file....where is that text file going to download to? Is there an option to use the USB or microSD card?
(2016-04-15, 14:26)dipvideo Wrote: You don't need a .apk for youtube to sideload. The Youtube app is directly available (for free) at the Amazon app store. I guess you should find it on the FireTV stick in the apps section and download it from there.

Thank you for info dipvideo.
Thanks again
(2016-04-15, 14:26)dipvideo Wrote: You don't need a .apk for youtube to sideload. The Youtube app is directly available (for free) at the Amazon app store. I guess you should find it on the FireTV stick in the apps section and download it from there.

That was a good info but not what I was asking for.
I want to watch you tube on KODI
I am looking for a plugin in .apk app or any other way to upgrade you-tube on KODI
(2016-04-17, 03:50)SIngidunum Wrote:

That was a good info but not what I was asking for.
I want to watch you tube on KODI
I am looking for a plugin in .apk app or any other way to upgrade you-tube on KODI
You can run android apps from within Kodi. See this HOW-TO:Launch_Android_apps (wiki)
I don't see any reason why you can't run the regular Firetv YouTube app from within kodi.

Jay
Hey everybody,

I am new to fireTV(4K).. I've side loaded Kodi but it keeps quitting after maybe 10-15 Minutes, e.g. If I let it play music. This is extremely annoying. Any idea where to dig to find out what's going on?

Thank you!
First idea as always: Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
well, i have to admit, thats a good point ;-) sorry!
The only Error i can find in the logs is this:
Code:
SNIMissingWarning
22:04:42 T:18446744072311812296   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
                                              InsecurePlatformWarning

it repeats a couple of times either with SSL or HTTPS all coming from ssl_.py:120 or :315.
This is also the last entry in the log. I've just discovered that i did not activate the "allow 3rd party apps" setting before sideloading Kodi. Might this be related?

Thx & cheers!
(2015-10-06, 06:46)tomvs123 Wrote: 15.2 gave slightly better performance in all aspects, so I'm sticking with that for now.

1080p .264 hi10p content:
Old FTV: plays barely, not watchable.
New FTV: 95% there. Though even when Kodi reports no frame drops/skips, it still appears to be juddery.

Hey all,

could someone please comment on 1080p hi10p content now? Has it come along further?

Thanks
Ok, i've uninstalled Kodi (keeping the settings), allowed 3rd party apps and reinstalled it using adbFire. still after a bit more than 10 minutes Kodi quits and i am returned to FireTV's homescreen.
This time i activated "debug" and the logs can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/JBTuh5s7

Help would be highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Tom
Nobody an idea what it might be or where I could dig further?
(2016-04-22, 13:35)Morien Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 06:46)tomvs123 Wrote: 15.2 gave slightly better performance in all aspects, so I'm sticking with that for now.

1080p .264 hi10p content:
Old FTV: plays barely, not watchable.
New FTV: 95% there. Though even when Kodi reports no frame drops/skips, it still appears to be juddery.

Hey all,

could someone please comment on 1080p hi10p content now? Has it come along further?

Thanks

It's CPU accelerated and will never change. So big box or no joy.

Edit: I saw your "95%" just now - try with kodi v17 - this ships ffmpeg 3.0.1 and if there were decoder optimizations -> you could perhaps get your 5%
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV 2 (4K)1