• 6(current)
Amazon Fire TV 2 (4K)
No, leave your Windows refresh rate setting at 60 Hz. Kodi should switch it to the appropriate rate and then switch it back again when the video stops (if you do what wrxtasy suggests in post 74).

FYI, you may get a bit of flickering or blank screen during the refresh rate change (depends on how your TV responds).
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Thanks, only thing is I am using a passthrough to decode DTS into DD as my soundbar only supports DD 5.1. in this case, I guess I should keep away from sync playback to display and go for "Adjust playback to match the video" assuming my hardware supports it.
Two days until it ships. I'll wait for reviews. If the 3:2 pulldown judder during panning shots is fixed, I'm upgrading.
(2015-10-04, 00:56)Knocks Wrote: Two days until it ships. I'll wait for reviews. If the 3:2 pulldown judder during panning shots is fixed, I'm upgrading.

Yep - for that it will need to output 23.976/24.00p - fingers crossed.
Sideloading and Kodi work on new 2nd-Gen Amazon Fire TV

Now that the new Amazon Fire TV has made its way to the hands of customers, I’ve received several reports that sideloading apps onto the new 2nd generation Fire TV is fully supported. More specifically, several people have told me that they had no problems installing Kodi on the new Fire TV.

There are a few conveniences that don’t quite work yet as a result of Fire OS 5. For starters, reassigning an app to launch Kodi with Llama does not work anymore. Also, as we’ve known for a while, FireStarter’s detection of the home button has issues with Fire OS 5. Firestarter’s developer is aware of the issue and is waiting for the final version of Fire OS 5 to be released before working on a fix. In the meantime, he suggests trying to toggle ADB off and then on again anytime you restart the Fire TV, to possibly make FireStarter’s home button detection work again.

Once developers and more of the Fire TV community get their hands on the new hardware and Fire OS 5, I’m sure these minor inconveniences will be worked out. The good news is, Amazon has not done anything to block sideloading or Kodi on the new Fire TV.

http://www.aftvnews.com/sideloading-and-...n-fire-tv/
I am thinking about getting either the Fire TV 2 or Nviidia shield, but have an important question that needs to be answered before I do.

I have a Harmony One remote that I currently use to control everything and do not want to part with. It only controls through IR and I know both the Fire TV 2 and Nvidia Shield are controlled through bluetooth I believe. Is it possible to use the USB IR receiver I have currently connected to my openelec box and simply plug it in to either the Fire TV or Nvidia shield and control it that way? And if so, will I only be able to control it within Kodi or throught the whole system as well?
Yes, you can use a MCE type IR receiver and control FTV and Shield, Kodi and overall player UI and other apps.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I use a Harmony One to control everything as well but after using the Fire TV remote to control Kodi there's no way I could go back to using the Harmony again - Bluetooth is so fast. Nod
Very true. I use my Harmony as well, but for Shield TV and FTV, use FTV remotes. Easy to hold, simple to use, fast.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Can anyone please help me out here, I am planning to buy FTV2 and my only purpose is to play mkv's from external hdd.

Does the FTV2 support playing movies though USB?
http://www.aftvnews.com/new-fire-tv-will...l-storage/
Fire TV 2 received and passthrough doesn't appear to work to Kodi 15.1, just static. Netflix doesn't output dolby digital. Amazon support is clueless, higher level ticket supposedly opened.
Well... my initial impression is not that great.

There is no refresh rate switching for Kodi or any other app. It just stays at 59.94Hz. Passthrough doesn't seem to work for anything. The saving grace is, there is 7.1 LPCM, but the surrounds and rear surrounds are switched for both Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. I had no problem playing any of my test files including some Hi10p clips.

I checked all this on Kodi 16 nightly build (20151004-4173817).
Okay. I got my Fire TV today, installed Kodi on it. Works Great. But Firestarter and the Llama don't seem to be working at the moment. Fire Starter will say something like "failed to run homebutton observer" and Llama doesn't seem to link Kodi with the iKono TV. Any help?
Is there still an annoying delay when rewinding 6 seconds back?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV 2 (4K)1