[LINUX] Logitech Harmony Ultimate on Linux Bluetooth + Support for Bluez 5
(2015-10-03, 16:01)tvdruenen Wrote: Today I tried to get my Harmony Ultimate work. Before I started i've read a lot on the Logitech and Kodi forums so I knew what I was doing.

Had to choose between an IR receiver or a BT dongle. My choise went to a BT dongle, because I couldnt wait ordering an IR receiver online. so went to a store nearby and bought myself a BT dongle.

Now, mostly before I'm starting a (long) guide, like this one, I try to fix it myself during an easy, simple way. In this case: plug in the BT dongle, open the Harmony Android App en try to connect to a computer. The App asked me if I want to connect via BT, offcourse I want, so clicked yes.

And so the remote works... Believe it or not. Not directly as I want, because not all the buttons worked perfect. So downloaded the keyboard.xml from the first post, changes all the keyboard shortcuts with the actions I want them to perform, put the same shortcuts (mostly f1, f2, etc) in the remote hub to Computer service (the one I connected with BT) and voila.. Done. Cost me one houre and all the buttons (accept the numbers from 0 till 9) are working perfectly! Even the diffferences in global and fullscreen mode are working as they should.

When I added a Computer in the Hub, I selected Windows, because when I first tried Linux the choise of of Keys is really poor. And the Windows keys are also working on Linux in this case.

Dont know what the diffferences are with my setup and de guide from the first post, but I'm glad it also works almost out of the box.

Im running Ubuntu 14, Kodi 15.1, MythTV Backend with the Kodi Addon.

I have done it this way too but I need the numeric keys. Hopefully Logitech will update the software and allow you to assign more keys.
soon logitech will support control over ip.
Thanks for the guide, it helped me to get Logitech Smart Control working through bluetooth (you have to pair it through ios/android Harmony app)
Bluetooth still have some small delay compared to Logitech wireless keyboard and USB unifying dongle, but it's much faster than IR lirc.
When Harmony Hub restarts (loses power supply) you have to re-pair bluetooth connection.
When you switch PS3 activity to one where you don't use bluetooth or switch PS3 activity off then switch your PS3 activity on - the Harmony Hub (presumably) puts it's bluetooth connection to power-saving mode and it takes one more button press to get remote buttons working with PC (you press any of the buttons then wait 2-5s to get buttons to reply on PC).

my optional notes:
sudo apt-mark hold bluez (if you want to prevent bluez package updates)
sudo apt-get install blueman (if you want to pair through Bluetooth Manager GUI, it's the only way I was able to get Paired = 1 with /usr/share/doc/bluez/examples/list-devices)
sudo service bluetooth restart (if you have issues with bluetooth connection not estabilished after reboot - add to /etc/rc.local or when you resume from sleep (add to /etc/pm/sleep.d/.... )
(2015-10-12, 00:49)IIIdefconIII Wrote: soon logitech will support control over ip.

Did you hear this somewhere because that would be awesome.
(2015-10-14, 04:51)drivesoslow Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 00:49)IIIdefconIII Wrote: soon logitech will support control over ip.

Did you hear this somewhere because that would be awesome.

If you look at the logitech forums, ALOT of users requested this. And a support guy did reply with that they will defintly look into this to get this supported. So most proberly yes we will get this. Logitech needs to do this if they wanne keep there product line high. Cause on kickstarter there are several different home control projects that will support this.

Take a look at kickstarter project called "homey"
According to Harmony Hub latest changelog, Kodi support was added to MyHarmony app
Can someone please share what actions are supported? I can't test it anytime soon, but really curious.

Thanks
(2015-10-17, 14:48)ezechiel1917 Wrote: According to Harmony Hub latest changelog, Kodi support was added to MyHarmony app
Can someone please share what actions are supported? I can't test it anytime soon, but really curious.

Thanks
I checked this quickly. Did not see much. I'll try and mess around later this weekend to see what I can figure out.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-10-17, 17:12)bry- Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 14:48)ezechiel1917 Wrote: According to Harmony Hub latest changelog, Kodi support was added to MyHarmony app

Thanks
I checked this quickly. Did not see much. I'll try and mess around later this weekend to see what I can figure out.

Me neither nothing new i saw...
Just a guess:
Since Harmony has to know Kodi IP address I think it could be detected from network in Devices - Scan for Devices?
I see kodi as a manufacture but it doesn't seem to work, all I get is a blank page when I go to the device in the controller.
(2015-10-19, 07:12)drivesoslow Wrote: I see kodi as a manufacture but it doesn't seem to work, all I get is a blank page when I go to the device in the controller.

same here, not working (yet?)
As far as I could discover, this means you now can add a device with "Microsoft" or "Mac" manufacturer named "kodi" or "plex". But I did that and it seems to support infrared only.

By the way, is there a thread for pairing the harmony hub with a Windows OS?
(2015-10-21, 00:55)joazito Wrote: As far as I could discover, this means you now can add a device with "Microsoft" or "Mac" manufacturer named "kodi" or "plex". But I did that and it seems to support infrared only.

By the way, is there a thread for pairing the harmony hub with a Windows OS?

yes i have seen this guide before. i think on kodi forums
I have to following error when I want to pair :

root@htpc:~/ps3pair# sudo python ps3_pair.py
Please HOLD the START and ENTER buttons on the PS3 remote.
Searching for devices, please wait...
Found:
1: 00:04:20:EF:6D:EC [BD Remote Contol]
Select the device you wish to add [1]: 1
Registering device... Failed ( org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
(2015-12-17, 20:49)jteeuw Wrote: I have to following error when I want to pair :

root@htpc:~/ps3pair# sudo python ps3_pair.py
Please HOLD the START and ENTER buttons on the PS3 remote.
Searching for devices, please wait...
Found:
1: 00:04:20:EF:6D:EC [BD Remote Contol]
Select the device you wish to add [1]: 1
Registering device... Failed ( org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Sorry im not familiair with errors, I just got it working with this steps, try google it or maybe another user of this post can help Smile
Try bluetooth in ubuntu first or something so make sure the device is ok. Should be cause it finds the remote.

good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Logitech Harmony Ultimate on Linux Bluetooth + Support for Bluez 50