[LINUX] Logitech Harmony Ultimate on Linux Bluetooth + Support for Bluez 5
(2015-12-17, 20:51)IIIdefconIII Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 20:49)jteeuw Wrote: I have to following error when I want to pair :

root@htpc:~/ps3pair# sudo python ps3_pair.py
Please HOLD the START and ENTER buttons on the PS3 remote.
Searching for devices, please wait...
Found:
1: 00:04:20:EF:6D:EC [BD Remote Contol]
Select the device you wish to add [1]: 1
Registering device... Failed ( org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Sorry im not familiair with errors, I just got it working with this steps, try google it or maybe another user of this post can help Smile
Try bluetooth in ubuntu first or something so make sure the device is ok. Should be cause it finds the remote.

good luck

thanks , will search for the error, If I find something I will post it here
(2015-09-17, 20:21)robo989 Wrote: This is brilliant, thanks ever so much.
Have been messing around with IR rubbish for years on harmon remotes.
Will be giving this a go, top stuff.

Can I ask if you notice the response much improved from the standard IR setup, that's the one thing that annoys me with the harmony remotes, the sluggish response is very annoying.

did you got it to work?
How can I confirm the connection?

What command ? I'm not getting anything when I try and find the paired connection?

per ubuntu instructions.. I can get it to pair using sudo hidd --connect aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff but this is for one session only and the ps3 controller doesn't work on kodi.

when I try the bluez test input
I get command not found...

What else can I try?

edit: I did get this to work after a reboot. sudo hidd --connect according to the documents will only work per session. Does anybody know what that means? Never reboot my computer?
(2016-07-16, 07:13)tdhz77 Wrote: How can I confirm the connection?

What command ? I'm not getting anything when I try and find the paired connection?

per ubuntu instructions.. I can get it to pair using sudo hidd --connect aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff but this is for one session only and the ps3 controller doesn't work on kodi.

when I try the bluez test input
I get command not found...

What else can I try?

edit: I did get this to work after a reboot. sudo hidd --connect according to the documents will only work per session. Does anybody know what that means? Never reboot my computer?

Im not sure im using it on KodiBuntu, and if i reboot, it reconnects itself. I only used the steps provided in OP.
I may be late to the game, (and I'm attempting this on a RaspberryPi running Debian Jessie, not Ubuntu)
I get a python error when attempting the pair process:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ps3_pair.py", line 93, in <module>
    Main()
  File "ps3_pair.py", line 20, in __init__
    self.adapter = self.manager.GetAdapter()
  File "/home/pi/ps3pair/bluez/utils.py", line 28, in warp
    raise errors.parse_dbus_error(exception)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "DefaultAdapter" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Manager" doesn't exist

Any ideas here?
I'd LOVE to be able to control my Raspi Kodi instance w/ my Harmony Ultimate...
Thanks.
(2016-08-21, 14:36)anealkhimani Wrote: I may be late to the game, (and I'm attempting this on a RaspberryPi running Debian Jessie, not Ubuntu)
Code:
    Main()
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "DefaultAdapter" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Manager" doesn't exist

Any ideas here?
Thanks.

Hi man. I got the answer at home in a notition somthing like sudo restart Bluetooth service will fix it
Haven't read the whole thread, but it's funny I found this thread since I've basically done the same thiung. In my case I've added the devicedid for the Harmony PS3 adapter (I have a Harmony 900), but altso the Harmony Remote Device in case I ever upgrade to the Harmony Elite. It works with both my Harmony Remote and Ps3 remote at the same time, which is nice.

This obviously only works with bluez4.
There are some patches for Bluez5 too, but I've never gotten this to work. I think Libreelec uses Bluez5 but only a limited set of the buttons are in use. I also find Bluez4 is faster to wake up the bluetooth device so I set the timeout to 90 seconds and the batteries will last up to 2 years. (In Libreelec, the remote only sleeps when the screensaver kicks in, and take a while to wake up).
Also if I'd recommend using blueman to pair the devices. A bit easier than the python scripts.
(2016-08-21, 15:34)IIIdefconIII Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 14:36)anealkhimani Wrote: I may be late to the game, (and I'm attempting this on a RaspberryPi running Debian Jessie, not Ubuntu)
Code:
    Main()

Any ideas here?
Thanks.

Hi man. I got the answer at home in a notition somthing like sudo restart Bluetooth service will fix it

Unfortunately restarting my bluetooth service didn't do anything. Rerunning the python script offers the same error... Sad
(2016-08-21, 23:27)anealkhimani Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 15:34)IIIdefconIII Wrote:
Code:
    Main()

Any ideas here?
Thanks.

Unfortunately restarting my bluetooth service didn't do anything. Rerunning the python script offers the same error... Sad

sorry then i dont know, for me this is still working as today with latest -app-get install
(2016-08-21, 16:18)Soli Wrote: Haven't read the whole thread, but it's funny I found this thread since I've basically done the same thiung. In my case I've added the devicedid for the Harmony PS3 adapter (I have a Harmony 900), but altso the Harmony Remote Device in case I ever upgrade to the Harmony Elite. It works with both my Harmony Remote and Ps3 remote at the same time, which is nice.

This obviously only works with bluez4.
There are some patches for Bluez5 too, but I've never gotten this to work. I think Libreelec uses Bluez5 but only a limited set of the buttons are in use. I also find Bluez4 is faster to wake up the bluetooth device so I set the timeout to 90 seconds and the batteries will last up to 2 years. (In Libreelec, the remote only sleeps when the screensaver kicks in, and take a while to wake up).
Also if I'd recommend using blueman to pair the devices. A bit easier than the python scripts.

Anyone got it working under Ubuntu 16.04? After upgrade from 14.04 (bluez4) , mine stop working with Bluz5 on 16.04.
You could try removing bluez, and building bluez4 manually. Please tell me how it goes. It's actually the only reason I'm still on 14.04. Then again 14.04 should be supported at least until 18.04 lands so I might as well wait for that instead.
(2016-08-26, 21:13)Soli Wrote: You could try removing bluez, and building bluez4 manually. Please tell me how it goes. It's actually the only reason I'm still on 14.04. Then again 14.04 should be supported at least until 18.04 lands so I might as well wait for that instead.

Thanks. I just went back to 14.04.
I had the same thing. When upgrading it didn't werk anymore.
But I'm waiting till 2018 and then update as long as it works fine know. I'm just keep Kodi up to date on 14.04.

Bluez 4 didn't worked for me on higher versions but maybe I did something wrong I'm not an expert.

If any got it working on a higher version please share you're information.

Thank you[/code]
(2016-08-30, 06:24)suanccd Wrote:
(2016-08-26, 21:13)Soli Wrote: You could try removing bluez, and building bluez4 manually. Please tell me how it goes. It's actually the only reason I'm still on 14.04. Then again 14.04 should be supported at least until 18.04 lands so I might as well wait for that instead.

Thanks. I just went back to 14.04.

Did you maybe try this already?
got it working guys! on bluez 5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Logitech Harmony Ultimate on Linux Bluetooth + Support for Bluez 50