OS X Problem with kodi & firewall
I switch the file vault off and use common sense always worked before this existed.
Osx automatically signs apps on first run (only) - last time the issue was that certain files in kodi that get modified each time it runs were located where apple consider them part of the app. This mesnt it looked like the app had changed and hence the firewall exception was invalidated each time kodi was run.

The original post on the issue is here with explanation here

Assumng same cause, it should not take that much digging to find the files that are changing in "app" directories ..

Perhaps first have a look in Contents/MacOS and Contents/Resources/ for files that are changing

Memphiz, legend, found and fixed it (without need for codesign wirkarounds) last time.
Running unix most is safe if you use common sense but if its fixable and you want that option fire in.
The Problem was not due to changed Files in the app bundle Last time ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Tried to reproduce it on 10.9.5 with kodi 16.0 and don't have the issue. Was there anything special needed for reproducing it? (i simply copied 16.0 into my applications folder, started it - hit the "allow connections for kodi" button and then restarted kodi multiple times without the nag screen appearing again...). Might even be related to the certificate that expired lately:

https://developer.apple.com/support/cert...xpiration/

Maybe this prevents the selfsigning somehow? Or its really related to osx 10.10 ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Tried the same on 10.11.3 ... no problems - seems i am missing something for reproduction?
Maybe a dodgy addon more likely
hmm, so it's not easily reproducable.

no "dodgy" addons here as far as I know. only addons from the official repo + the xperience1080 skin from xhaggis repo.
is there a way to log which addon might be the culprit?
I am open to follow any pointers to troubleshoot that issue

edit: also, why would self signing the app from terminal change anything if it was due to some addon?
Dodgy addons can run external executables
(2016-03-06, 21:22)Derek Wrote: Dodgy addons can run external executables

ok, so how do I find out?
and why would codesigning the Kodi app stop the firewall problem from appearing?
Im not saying thats what it is im guessing if it were disabled you'd be none the wiser and a happy Chappy Smile but obviously something is causing this to happen.
codesign fixes it because thats what apple wants...
Apple want alot o things but they'll nae get them fae me laddie
(2016-03-07, 08:13)Memphiz Wrote: codesign fixes it because thats what apple wants...

I meant if codesigning the app fixes it, doesn't that exclude external binaries as the culprit?

Again, I am willing to provide testing to fix this issue.
But I also understand if you say: Well, it doesn't affect everybody and codesigning fixes it for those that are affected, so there are bigger bugs to squash.
I think this shouldnt be too hard to get to the bottom of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with kodi & firewall0