XBMCMail(SSS) - Testers Needed
Lightbulb 
Hi,

I am looking for some people to test the new version of my script and give me feedback on bugs etc. There are some major feature additions in this version and require testers. PM your email addy and I will email the new script to you. :-D

Please find below info on the new script:

This new version has SSL enable in the settings menu where you can enable it (if the pop server needs it) and then set your SSL port (for Gmail it is 995). Also, the big new feature is that the script now downloads all the emails and stores them. (so when you turn of xbox or log back into the script, all the emails you have downloaded will still be there). From then on, when Check Email is selected, it will only get any NEW emails that haven’t been downloaded and then list all emails that have downloaded plus any new ones.

PLEASE NOTE: for the script to work, it has to delete the emails it downloads from the pop server so maybe if you want to keep them on the server (if they are important), back them up or something. In the future I hope to be able to stop this and have the script log into the server and compare the emails the server has and the emails it has downloaded and only download the new ones (this tho, would take allot more time and basically would take as long as it takes to download the emails in the first place making the whole thing worthless.).

I have also added the ability, when you are on the list of emails, you can press the "B" button and it will delete the email from the list and off the xbox. (It can’t delete the email off the server as it already has (mentioned above).

Allot of work has gone into this and I hope it is worthwhile and easy to use.
With this method, the future features possibilities are greatly increased as this opens up: Moving emails to folders, when emails are received, it will detect sender and move into particular folders the end user has set up etc. Plus allot of other cool features - think Outlook Express for the XBOX:-)

Again, if you want to try it out and UNDERSTAND the above "PLEASE NOTE" then PM your email addy and I will send it to you.

Thanks,
Stanley87
I am willing to help.

Sollie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCMail(SSS) - Testers Needed0