Win on windows 10
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, since upgraded tom windows 10 I have had issues with kodi. at first it was working great but most recent issue (happened suddenly) is that now when a video is playing (from any addon) the screen is tuck on the menu and the video is playing with sound only, no picture and kodi is like in a forzen mode on that state
(sound -yes, video - no, kodi - frozen)
any suggestions from any one - I have kodi isengard 15.2 but the problem was the same on 15.0 version also.

thanks
Check the wiki on how to obtain a debug log....if you are trying to stream illegal content we will know and you will receive no help. Also, ensure ALL of your drivers are up to date.
(2015-09-24, 02:00)hs111 Wrote: any suggestions from any one
Update your video drivers or downgrade to previous Windows version.
(2015-09-24, 10:26)afedchin Wrote:

Just wondering it was working fine and then suddenly stopped can that be a driver issue? I would think that with a driver issue it would have failed from the beginning of using kodi - no?
Thanks for the replies. I will check About the debug log in wiki. Content was what came with the basic addons on isengard 15.
Why no? Possible what driver has a memleaks and issue occurs after a period of time. Most of issues on windows 10 are driver's related.
(2015-09-24, 12:51)hs111 Wrote:
(2015-09-24, 10:26)afedchin Wrote:

Just wondering it was working fine and then suddenly stopped can that be a driver issue? I would think that with a driver issue it would have failed from the beginning of using kodi - no?
Thanks for the replies. I will check About the debug log in wiki. Content was what came with the basic addons on isengard 15.

Debug log is the only thing that will help determine exactly what is going on....
If you have AMD/ATI Catalyst in windows 10 there is no DXVA support.
You can test by turning off DXVA acceleration in Kodi before trying to play video.
see here https://community.amd.com/message/2673908#2673908
that led me to a fix.
(2015-09-26, 09:22)potnoodles Wrote: If you have AMD/ATI Catalyst in windows 10 there is no DXVA support.
You can test by turning off DXVA acceleration in Kodi before trying to play video.
see here https://community.amd.com/message/2673908#2673908
that led me to a fix.

That's exactly how I fixed mine, disabled DXVA2 acceleration and it stopped crashing when playing videos.
+1 for me too - disabled DXVA2 acceleration in Kodi (System --> Settings --> Video --> Acceleration)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
on windows 100