Problems configuring Harmony Remote
In the Harmony program, I have 3 different devices setup to control Kodi: FLIRC, MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE.

I have a couple of issues using KODI that I'm trying to solve with the remote. Sometimes KODI minimizes itself, so I programmed a key to send an ALT-Tab (from Windows Media Center SE device) so I can easily switch back to KODI without having to grab my keyboard. Also, sometimes KODI opens as a window and not full screen, so I programmed a key to send a backslash (from MCE Keyboard device) to toggle KODI between a window and fullscreen.

Neither of them work. Am I doing something wrong in setting up the remote?

Also, I would like to program a button to turn on the windows pc and one to start KODI. Any suggestion as to the best way to accomplish that?

Thanks for your help.
(2015-09-24, 06:10)jabola Wrote: Sometimes KODI minimizes itself

Can you expand on this, and maybe narrow down under what circumstances or conditions this occurs?

Reason I ask is that I (and others) often see this when a PC comes back from sleep and/or the receiver/TV the PC is connected to is turned off then back on. This sometimes causes HDMI resolution detection anomalies and the result is you are looking at a Windows desktop and Kodi looks minimized and no keyboard interaction will restore it. Turning the Receiver/TV off and then back on may then result in Kodi restoring itself.
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
MCE keyboard and Media center SE will ONLY work if your receiver is R6 capable. Sounds like it's not.
Does FLIRC not receive IR commands from MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE?

Is there a way to edit the Harmony FLIRC device or do I have to setup a keyboard device in Harmony and then go through the whole setup in FLIRC to set all the keys?
(2015-09-24, 06:36)jabola Wrote: Does FLIRC not receive IR commands from MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE?

I would say obviously not since it's not receiving your commands....
I am also using a Logitech Harmony in combination with Flirc and it works great but I am not using the Flirc profile for the Harmony. It didn't exist at the time and also that profile only has basic keys programmed for Kodi. Since Kodi accepts IR signals from all kinds of remotes there is a great workaround that takes a bit of time to setup.

Instead of choosing the Flirc profile you can just take whatever profile you want. Make sure it isn't an MCE device since those seem to have some issues, also make sure it isn't a device you actually have so you don't accidentally control your TV or Amp with it. I used a Panasonic TV profile (type PC-T65VT30) since I didn't have any Panasonic TV's so it would not intervene with anything.
Once you have that profile added in your Harmony you can assign a random Panasonic function to any button on the Harmony although it helps to be logical about it, like TV volume to the volume buttons.
Once done you have your Harmony setup to control your non-existent TV. Now you can start the Flirc software and make it assign every button on your Harmony to a keyboard key. It is recommended to choose the full keyboard in the Flirc software so you can assign just about anything.
This way I have a quite troublefree setup with plenty of functions.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems configuring Harmony Remote0