Glassy, somewhat Vistalike Skin Mockup
Well, Abe wanted me to post an update, so here it is:

We also decided to make a matching skin for the web interface.

To make a long story short and have pictures say a thousand words, here are the screenshots:

We are also working on a team website at the moment. It should be ready and running when we are releasing the public beta of Slate (hopefully next week). So stay tuned for updates here at the forums ...
i hate those animated gif displays. It's hard to really see anything.
Great job so far. Overall this skin looks very promising Big Grin

I am pretty worried about how well the black menu font will look on a crt. The button texture looks too dark for there to be a good contrast...

Nuka1195 Wrote:i hate those animated gif displays. It's hard to really see anything.

The animation is a tad fast...

Ohh and fluidman, you misspelled 'graphics' in your sig. Unless you were going for a kewl misspelling Rolleyes
Asteron, if I understand your concern correctly, there won't be a problem. Check out the 1st screenshot. Notice that the focused button's text is white. This happens on all buttons that have the black text.

Thanks for your comments so far. We are hoping to have a beta ready sometime next week. It should be interesting to here your thoughts after you have been able to use this skin.
this skin looking amazinnnng realy i like it more than any skin before

plzzz gooo on and make it very fast

i'm waittttttinggggg

tanksss guysss for all skin maybe i can help u
tell me plzzz if wana any help

byeee
Are you planning on keeping the current background?
Wink 
Asteron Wrote:Ohh and fluidman, you misspelled 'graphics' in your sig. Unless you were going for a kewl misspelling Rolleyes

Hehe, thanks for pointing that out.. actually that is the way i spell it Huh you know.. it's a mix of german and english
LRa Wrote:Are you planning on keeping the current background?

yeah I personally am not a huge fan of the background...It's Ok, but i think it would look a lot better if it weren't quite so sharp. A little more subdued, maybe having almost a foggy or misty feel to it would look nice i think.
The background in the screenshots will be the default background. Changing the background would be a lot of work and right now we are more focused on trying to get the beta ready.

After, working on this skin for about 3 weeks we agreed we needed a darker background. This is one of fluidmans personal designs. I personally like it. But then again it's my skin.

There is a skin setting that allows you to use your own background. So, everyone that doesn't like it won't have to use it. I'm sure that people will find some great backgrounds.
Wink
Wink 
fluidman Wrote:.. it's a mix of german and english
OK. Well I've heard of engrish and chinglish before.... I dub this ermglish
it's called "denglisch" or "denglish" in germany.
sad but true.
very very nice skin
im awaiting your first release Big Grin
Will definately have to give this a spin.. might even be good enough for the wife to use as an alternative to PM3
First of all, i love the skin!

Regarding the backgrounds, i actually really like the original two backgrounds posted in the beginning of the thread. I hope you include those in the skin once it is released.

Keep up the great work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Glassy, somewhat Vistalike Skin Mockup0