Glassy, somewhat Vistalike Skin Mockup
i made some skin mockups...maybe some coders want to take a shot at it.

take a look:

Rainbow 
That looks awesome!! Cool

We really need a glossy skin like this one .. Although the grass background could be removed or changed by the user Big Grin

Looks really amazing.. If you could provide the graphics, perhaps someone could code it in .xmls ..

Btw: Viele Grüße aus München Wink
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The skin will be coded!!! so stay tuned for updates Shocked

another update of the icons for the settings screen:

an an example of this window using another backgound:

the user will be able to select his own backgound images, plus there will be many diferent ones already preinstalled Wink

ps @ sCAPe: viele Grüße zurück vom Bodensee
Do you have the png files? I'll give it a try.
I just want to add yes its nice but you really need to make sure that none of the images are taken directly from vista itself or Microsoft will come down hard on you

Other than that its nice and if you need tech support (ie I have no time to code it but are willing to help you figure out stuff ) just come see me int he official irc channel or send me a PM
Looking at it it also seems to have a lot of wasted space around the edges i would suggest making that grey border alot smaller since the grass part also has a border in it
Jezz_X Wrote:Looking at it it also seems to have a lot of wasted space around the edges i would suggest making that grey border alot smaller since the grass part also has a border in it

they grey border won't be that wide on the skin... and the border in the gras part will probably be smaller as well... we'll take a look at it as soon as we start coding it...

i just need to get some great royalte free background images that are in the vista style... the icons are remakes, not straight rips from the vista os Nod
very nice!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Can't wait for that skin to be finished. Looks fantastic. Nod
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Alright, time for an update.

First off the skin now has a name. It's called Slate.

This skin is being brought to you by Team af.
Team af members are

Abe87 - xml coder

fluidman - graphics & design

This skin has only been in the works for about 2 1/2 weeks. In this time we have made a lot of progress. We still have a long way to go before it could be considered a complete skin. Is that even possible a complete skin?

There are a few things that we have tried to do with this skin. We have tried to use as much of the available screen as possible for content. We have also added a lot of skin settings. Right now we have 18 skin settings. And this doesn't include the bookmarks.

I guess you want to see some screenshots. Well here you go!

Home

Settings