Tetris!
yeah, very nice script...

i think i got second on the score board, level 6 is impossible!!!!! lol
I am glad to hear you guys enjoying it Smile It makes me feel motivated to add those extra options I have planned.

On the higher levels you really have to have a relatively clear board and let pieces fall naturally while you plan your next move. I have gotten up to level 8 twice and that one is very difficult. The speed maxes out around there. You probably need to be as fast as this guy to survive.

I roughly calculated that his performance would score around 7500 on my scale. Something to aim for!
that vid is crazy!!!!!
Hi.
I have a few suggestions for the next version.

1. Highscoresubmitting
It would be good when you could check if a score is really a new highscore before submitting.
Maybe check if the score would be in the top10 or top20.
This way the database would stay a little bit more clean.

2. Highscoresubmitting 2
When I submit a score I can submit the same score again by just klicking the submit button again.
Maybe you can disable or hide the button when a score is sent.

3. Accountchecking
In the last days I often have found Highscores with user ID "-1".
Maybe there is an error in your script with the account check.
(highscore libary returns +1 on error)

Keep up the great work! :cool2:
Rockstarr Wrote:Hi.
(highscore libary returns +1 on error)

Typingerror.
highscore libary returns -1 on error
Hi Rockstar... I found bug#2 and fixed that (dont know why I didnt think of that during testing). I didnt realize the highscore database is strictly limited to a top 10 thing.. so I will gray out that button if it is not?

Hmmm, I think in my code I might check for userID == "0" instead of userID == "-1" ? I will fix this too.
Its not "strictly" limited but I think its kind of pointless when a score of lets say 2 points is sent to the db and reaches rank 300. (just for example)
You can send as much scores as you want but who cares about rank 500? Wink
me, as i'm sure i will not be above that. Smile
Hi, I love this script. My housemate is dave (2nd highest score), he has some suggestions:

1, Make the speed increase linear, cause at the moment when you get to level 9 its not possible. There should be a speed limit so that you could in theory play forever, but in practice you couldn't as its so hard

2, Give some reward score wise for dropping pieces faster

3, Have options to change the controls (I think you are planning this already), and an option to change piece color (he is getting confused as he used to play the gameboy color version)

Finally, is there a fix in XBMC that lets you scroll left and right faster? Cause you need to tap left/right on the later levels to play, and I know this is not the fault of the script but XBMC.

Thanks, I look forwards to future releases.
Wow level 9? Dave is pretty nuts Smile the speed maxes out at around 20/second.. I thought this occurred at level 8 (I've only gotten there a few times) but I will check my calculations and may tweek the speed in later levels. I think I'll make it max out at level 10 and make the level 10 speed the current level 8 speed. Now that Tetris is included in the t3ch build I feel it my duty to make it alot better!

On track for v1.1
Key Configurator (almost done) this is on the pause dialog
Language localization (finished)
Better Widescreen Mode (finished)
Auto Update (not done)
Small bug fixes.. nothing major

Autoupdate is the big key since it will allow me to add features at my own leasure.

v1.2 Plans
Different themes:
. Modern - the current theme
. Aqua with gel blocks (Full screen?)
. Retro with oldschool nintendo sounds graphics
. Mini - tiny!

Also I would like to include different game modes. Here are some ideas that came up in IRC. Please give feedback!

Normal: Present Mode
Marathon: Level 1 difficulty.. you play until you die or get bored. Score is the number of lines you clear with multi-line bonus. Should I start this at a higher level?
Time Attack: Score as many points as possible in a limited time... 10 minutes? Normal scoring? Line scores? Level advancement?
Survival: Live as long as you can? Score = time. Start at level 6? Can't start slow with this mode obviously so I dont know how advancement works.

I guess these go on the new game dialog?
Excellent, we look forwards to the new release, especially the retro theme. At the moment level 11 (see screenshot for proof that he's got there) isn't even maxed out, it definitely continues to speed up. It hurts my eyes to watch him play Eek
WTF level 11?! Oo That isnt exactly a good argument for me to slow it down Laugh

Don't forget C&C for the different game modes Smile
only 158 lines and that score ? looks funky Shocked
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Pike its quite possible since the clear bonuses grow linearly with the level. Also clearing 4 lines at a time is 16x more than clearing just 1 (and so is 4 times more efficient with points/line).

4 lines = 16 x current level ... 4 points per line
3 lines = 9 x current level ... 3 points per line
2 lines = 4 x current level ... 2 points per line
1 lines = 1 x current level ... 1 point per line
levelup = 15 x current level - almost as good as a 4-line clear

The score grows quadratically over time...
Yes I feel a bit dumb now, I thought I was 100> lines myself, but looks like I'm around 80 :o
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tetris!0