extend PLAY button function + more?
i think it would be cool if you guys implemented the following feature:

regardless of whether the user is browsing music, videos or pictures, hitting play on the remote while selected on a folder should a) load the contents of that folder in order into a new playlist if one doesn't exist and start playing the playlist (like launching a playlist, but instead you are on a folder or b) if a playlist exists, append the contents of the directory to the current playlist (like winamp's enqueue).

similarly when in a folder and selected on a file, the same function is performed on the parent folder ie. the file you have selected, along with all in the dir will be added to a new playlist in order, or appeneded to the current one.

i suppose i could implement this via scripting if i knew the scripting functions (is there a listing & man page for each?) and use the keymap file to map the play button to execute a script, however, i don't see the ability to execute a script via the remote / gamepad.

is there the possibility of using shift buttons? that would allow many more functions.

combining all these ideas, it would be cool to make 'quick launches' for say the main xbmc screen (directly or via scripts). ie
1 shows you weather for region xxxxxx
2 loads your favourite playlist
etc

in videos and music, using the numbered buttons or shift-key(s) and other buttons would allow quick toggling of options located in the settings menu. ie use 0 as shift key in my music and then say 1 to quickly turn on id3 tags and then the same to quickly turn them off for browsing smb shares, or 0 then 2 to quickly change from analoque to digital output.

i can try my best and implement some of this stuff via scripts for now, but need shift-key support and webpage / document of the built in xbmc functions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extend PLAY button function + more?0