your favourite online mp3 player, omplayer v0.3 is released with far superior stability and an ID3 tagger
currently with 33.000+ hits, see xbmc-scripts website
this tread is intended for feedback and if you have questions
Quote:Hi all and happy new year
this is the readme for the Online Mp3 Player V0.3.
Choose whatever song you like and this script streams it to your xbox.
Just search for your favorite song or artist and go!
V0.2 included cool stuff like a download-function!
But in v0.3 it really works , sorry for the stupid bugs.
V0.3 has also a ID3 tag writer so xbmc can read the tags,
The download function in this release downloads the files to:
Q:\scripts\OMplayer\mp3\ . ( If you have the script in a different folder it doenst work
and you have to change the path! )
You can change this directory in the settings (settings.txt) or
add it to your library like below:
To add this folder to your music library, do this:
1) in the xbmc main screen goto music and select the music category
2) press the white button (info on remote) and select edit sources
3) click add folder and add where-ever xbmc is installed\scripts\OMPlayer
In the music category ( browse files) a folder named mp3 can be found, containing the downloaded mp3's
if you want to use your own folder make sure you have the path right or the script crashes!!
Some info on the ID3 tagger. There are 2 options:
- Auto tagger, this one just splits the filename with " - " ( works on 75% of the files )
- Mixed tagger, it takes the result of the auto tagger and makes it editable
( you get the artist and title presented and can edit them if they are wrong)
The mixed tagger is default but if you think its to much work you can change it in the settings
The id3 tagger comes from id3-py.sf.net.
Im developing some more stuff for future releases:
- Support for other skins ( you can help me by making a background image, just send me)
- Settings menu
- Support for a playlist (not sure about this one)
if you want a function added, contact me
There is a topic for this script on the xboxmediacenter forums. You can ask questions there
if you have any bugs or just want to say thank you
mail to: email@example.com
V 0.3 changelog:
- Download support fixed ( stupid error in the code)
- Download cancelling now really works and the file is deleted
- Killed a lot of bugs, the script is now more stable
- ID3 write support (either auto or by hand, standard = hand)
V 0.2 changelog:
- Added download support ( thanx to Nuka1195 for some help)
- Added setting for the number of search results
- Added the option to remember the last search
- Fixed the "bug in website" bug, the workaround now displays the name as "Name Unknown!"
- Fixed the empty keyboard bug ( thanx to akaigotchi )
- Some more small fixes
Link on xbmcscripts.com: