Android Prevent user Input / Kids movie device
In searching the internet I have found my question asked, and poorly answered, a few times. I am a long time KODI/XBMC user so i will start here.

I have 3 android tablets. I want to use 1 tablet (wifi connection) to force the other 2 tablets to run a video playing App, synchronize the video playback, and disable the touchscreen (and hopefully buttons).

Use case is very simple... When I am driving on long road trips I would like to be able to start a video on both tablets for my kids and prevent them from accidentally stopping the video. I would also like the video to be playing at the same point so that audio is not out of sync... Unfortunately the kids are too small to use headphones.

I have seen some people do part of this by setting up VLC to access a stream. It seems KODI can do part by using a custom interface that simply ignores the touch screen input. KODI can use VLC as a playback player (but I think that breaks the custom interface).

In short, there appears to be lots of partway solutions but nothing that fully closes the gap. Is this true, or have I missed something.

Suggestions and comments on how I can prevent myself from loosing my sanity during my next road trip would be appreciated.

P.S. For flexibility I am intending to wire a raspberry pi into the car as a network host. It could be the source of the video stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent user Input / Kids movie device0