Win Videos not playing, cant find working codec..windows 10
Video 
ive purchased quite a few movies from windows store. they seem to have downloaded as mp4 files. but when playing them through kodi, I get no sound, no picture ( just visualisation, like I'm playing music) and the time races through the 2hrs of movie in a few seconds.. in the Microsoft app, ( film/tv, formaly groove) the movies play with no issues.. any help would be grateful thanks. this is my first time using kodi, and I like it so far Smile
It could be a DRM problem,kodi doesn´t like DRM, since the movies were bought as a file and not a disk. were they bought from a specific 3rd party or does the windows store have their own video store? you can also check the files codec with MediaInfo http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
thanks for reply. windows store uses there own store. but films payed for, can be played on winodows pc,windows phone and xbox using the same account
All Microsoft devices do they could share the drm,
Just to check, can ypu play the video in any other media player, like vlc. An other option would be to try and set the Windows player as an external player. There's probably instructions in the wiki for that and there also a couple og threads in the forum, mostly in regards to bluray dvds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos not playing, cant find working codec..windows 100