Kodi UPNP/DLNA Server not seen on network
I am using OpenELEC with Kodi 15.1 on an Intel NUC that references media on a shared server. I am 99% satisfied with the setup. There is one little issue that I am having for some time now - and I did have this during 14.x of Kodi as well with same setup...

I like to use my Oppo BDP-105 to play from Kodi media to improve the rendering of high quality movies. When I bring up Oppo (or any other device on my home network that looks for UPNP/DLNA servers) Kodi doesn't show up. If I let it sit there for an hour - it will eventually show up (but it might not). Keep in mind all the other devices in the house that purport to have UPNP/DLNA show up almost immediately. What prompted a forum post is that I realized if I go into the System Services and turn UPNP/DLNA Server OFF and then back ON... Voila - it now shows up on the Oppo. That tells me there is something about timing here or broadcasting the service that is different about Kodi... If I wait a bit, Kodi will again disappear...

The devices we are talking about are all wired on a flat 1GigE network switch. Nothing special here - all flat Class C private network - no routing, trunks or virtual networks involved.

Is there a way to increase the frequency of the service announcements of the UPNP server that would make the home devices see it faster and more reliably?

Thanks for any help, Eric.
Upgraded to OpenELEC 6 with Kodi 15.2 - still same problem. Hoping to see a fix some day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi UPNP/DLNA Server not seen on network1