• 1(current)
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!
Lightbulb 
I have been posting images to the other thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=4390
Thought maybe someone could answer my questions here.
I still need to know about moving the radiobutton and button text.
Also why I can't seem to pull up any database info related to the file in focus (genre,rating,tagline)
Heres what I have so far, they are all functional, and I tried to make them as close to the real system as possible, I am still working on the third one, but can't make any progress without the database info.

Let me know what you think.
The DB info is only available while in the library view.

And no, I don't believe that placement of the radiobutton tag is available as yet - you can try replacing it with a togglebutton instead - it should work.

Note that the "switch view" button can just be a toggle between files and library.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

MacGyver,
Overall, I like the way the images and info are displayed. But my one suggestion would be to add some zing to the tabs and the highlight to make it look more interesting. It looks very plain... add some dimensionality, shading, and textures.

I'm interested to see what this turns out like. I could see these views integrating into the PM3 skin - you could utilize some of the images it uses(hint, hint) Wink
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I agree with affini. I know the intention is to duplicate an existing interface of another product but the interface is boring. You are talented coder. I think the best list mode for movies for xbmc is the one from the apple trailers script. the movie snyopsis, large cover art, and title should all be moved to the main screen. it is now in context menu, and an extra button and step to get to it. now, if u can duplicate the snyopsis part of that interface when in coverart mode, that will be neat...
Smile 
I agree, their interface is plain. I can figure out how to do anything, but I'm not artistic, in any way. If someone wants to modify the menu to look more 3D, I'll post the PNGs and they can go to town, then I'll put them in.
I was just trying to copy their interface, which IMHO is not so great, but does have it's good points, IMHO PM3 is better. If my job doesn't change, I'll have plenty of time to code it, and just tell me what you want, and I'll make it work.

Here's all I could get from KS on pics of their interface. This and their little video is all I have to go off of.

Also if you have more then a couple of hundred videos displaying in the pure icon mode, XBMC gets bogged down, understandably.

PS: Thanks for the info on the database functions Jmarshall, I will try to see if I can just make the libray mode look like KS's text-mode instead of using Common_BigList.
Wow, this skin looks awesome. Can't wait for a release!! Keep up the good work.
Thumbs Up 
Very nice! Cool
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Maybe it could be a good idea to upload the work in progress into the Svn skinning project (the one where is Clearity) so many peoples can help/beta test etc..
Sorry for my...english :blush:
Smile 
Chandler Wrote:Maybe it could be a good idea to upload the work in progress into the Svn skinning project (the one where is Clearity) so many peoples can help/beta test etc..
yes you are welcomed to join the XBMC Skinning Project if you are willing to open source your skin(?), (but you must also promise that your clone/replica does not break any copyright laws, ie. you must make all your textures from scratch or use royalty free art, you can not just rip/copy existing pictures from others without permission.

Cloning like the MCE360 skin is ok /as they make all the textures from scratch) but straight of ripping is not!
Here's an update, I tried to add depth to the menu, it's crappy, I am not artistic.
I would be happy to email someone the source I have, if they would like to add ito the SVN. It's only about 130k with xmls, and pngs. I cleaned up the xmls so it doesn't destroy the rest of PM3, it only replaces the video section.

one thing which i just thought of which would be really cool is if the focused item had a larger thumb (say 50% larger) and it "hovered" above the others producing a shadow effect. unfortunately, i dont think this is possible with the skin engine. based on how the new list works, i believe the rows above and below the focused item would shift to make room. (jmarshall, is this correct? and would this ever be possible?)
something like this?

no, i mean a larger cover image that would be about the size of your yellow rectangle.
That's certainly possible - the focuseditem can overlap the others no problem.

<!--
<posx>-5</posx>
<posy>-10</posy>
old <width>80</width>
<height>120</height>
<texture>KSFolder-Focus.png</texture>
-->

<posx>-15</posx>
<posy>-20</posy>
new <width>100</width>
<height>140</height>
<info>ListItem.Icon</info>

I put the yellow box, because KS has it.

Also fluidman nice graphics, I am totally unable to do that. If you want I can use those instead of my crappy ones.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!0