(Hidden) Password XBMC keyboard dialog???
it actually works on both, but xbmc_pc.exe crashes after it prints the results with the above code.

Another script I use with the same code, except it uses the keyboard inside a window class does not crash xbmc_pc.exe.

This code inside a window class does NOT crash xbmc_pc.exe.

Code:
def getKeyboard(self, default = "", heading = ""):
        keyboard = xbmc.Keyboard(default, heading)
        try:
            keyboard.setHiddenInput( True )
            keyboard.doModal()
            if (keyboard.isConfirmed()):
                return keyboard.getText(), True
        except:
            pass
        return default, False
Lightbulb 
I could only get it working on the xbox, no problem tho, i just added a try eg:

try:
keyboard.setHiddenInput(True)
except:pass

This way, if im using pc, it will skip it, and also for people with an older XBMC build, it won't freeze their xbox's.

Also, wondering if there is a way to do this same thought of thing (replace the input with *'s) but with labels.

So once, the password is set, the label for it can also contain the *'s.
At the moment i just set the label to "*******" but then it is always the same and not the correct amount of *'s for the password length. This is no big deal, but just wondering.

Oh, and big up's for implementing this so quick!!! :-D

Cheers
Stanley87
@stanley87, it sounds like you don't have an updated xbmc_pc.exe.

edit: the label thing should be done with code, just:

Code:
self.passwdLabel.setLabel('*' * len(mastpassw))

edit2: @kraqh3d, xbmc_pc.exe does NOT crash using the skin clearity with the code outside of a class, odd. Might be something on my end. So I'm saying the keyboard code works fine.
Nuka1195 Wrote:@stanley87, it sounds like you don't have an updated xbmc_pc.exe.

edit: the label thing should be done with code, just:

Code:
self.passwdLabel.setLabel('*' * len(mastpassw))

edit2: @kraqh3d, xbmc_pc.exe does NOT crash using the skin clearity with the code outside of a class, odd. Might be something on my end. So I'm saying the keyboard code works fine.

Hi thanks, that worked a treat.

You are correct, i'm using the latest compile of XBMC but using an old XBMC_PC.exe. Is there a .bat to compile this or just BUILD through VS NET 2003?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Hidden) Password XBMC keyboard dialog???0