How to turn Kodi on when off?
On a family computer that isn't used often, I have Kodi installed. At times, the kids will turn Kodi off when they need to use it.

As a couch potato Smile, is there any way to turn Kodi on from the sofa without having to get up, walk to the PC and double click on the icon, something akin to using a remote to turn the TV on?
(2015-10-11, 04:57)mhiforme Wrote: As a couch potato Smile, is there any way to turn Kodi on from the sofa without having to get up, walk to the PC and double click on the icon, something akin to using a remote to turn the TV on?

One thing that you can look at doing it setting a hotkey keyboard shortcut on the kodi exe or kodi shortcut, then depending on what you use for a remote, you might be able to remap a key on your remote to that shortcut key.

To set the shortcut on the app, just right click the icon and go to properties in the drop down. There should be a shortcut key option
Get yourself a Flirc usb dongle and use an existing IR remote to use with the Flirc. I have my power button on my remote setup so that when I press the power button it opens the Windows Start menu and my Kodi shortcut is pinned to the Start menu. I then just select it and it opens...
Or you could do this, scroll down to section 1.2.
Use one of those lesser known Windows features....

Pin KODI to the task bar. You can then launch programs from the task bar using WINDOWS KEY + NUMBER

So if you have pinned in order: KODI, FIREFOX, VLC then you can launch KODI with WINKEY+1, launch FIREFOX with WINKEY+2, Launch VLC with WINKEY+3 and so on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to turn Kodi on when off?0