Please help with duplicate artist names showing up in library.
I'm having a minor issue with the music library. Some artist's are listed twice or even three times under 'Artists' even though all my music is properly tagged. After music is scanned into the library it shows at it should. However, after downloading album info, that's when some names show up multiple times. For example, some albums by "Guns N' Roses" are listed in Universal Artist/Album Scraper with a different type of apostrophe. I tried to re-tag Guns N' Roses to match the exact name as the scraper, but the type of apostrophe they are using isn't available on the keyboard, and copying/pasting the artist name from TheAudioDB gives me the same exact name I already use, even though the apostrophe is different. Some albums by "All-American Rejects" are listed without the dash in the name. This is causing artist names to show up multiple times. Is there any way to fix this?
If all your music is properly tagged and has album artwork, I would suggest not using the album scraper, it's completely pointless.

Also, if you scan an artist using the artist scraper, and the artists name on the scraper is different from the one in your tag, it will show the scraper name in the library. For example, if you have it tagged "Guns N' Roses" and the scraper has it tagged "Guns 'N' Roses", it will show up as "Guns 'N' Roses in your library, but it shouldn't show twice.
(2015-10-12, 03:14)ilovethakush Wrote: If all your music is properly tagged and has album artwork, I would suggest not using the album scraper, it's completely pointless.

Also, if you scan an artist using the artist scraper, and the artists name on the scraper is different from the one in your tag, it will show the scraper name in the library. For example, if you have it tagged "Guns N' Roses" and the scraper has it tagged "Guns 'N' Roses", it will show up as "Guns 'N' Roses in your library, but it shouldn't show twice.

How do you figure it's pointless? I use the album scraper for a summary on the album. As far as album art, year, genre, etc., that's all in the tag. Like I said, it's only after I scrape album info that the names are showing up twice. I don't remember this happening before the latest version though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help with duplicate artist names showing up in library.0