ListItem & Database suggestion
Question 
Well two really,
Database access for video files in all video view modes
It might be hard to explain, but here goes:
The ability to define the total number of ListItems in the form of "how many across",and "how many down" ie. like a wraplist of a set or infinite length (or regex definable ie. A*,B*C*...) with say 27 rows up and down. like
"
<orientation>vertical=27, horizontal=[A*,B*,C*,D*,....1-9*]</orientation>

I know there what be no normal escape action (like left for menu now) but remote buttons could be remapped.

I would be nice for a "Virtual Blockbuster Shelves" style interface.

The database access is a must though.
I'm not 100% sure I understand this one so let me break it down in common-man-speak:
Instead of just displaying the contents of the current directory, you would display the contents of the database? I'm afraid I'm just not getting how/why this needs to be "added in", since you can do this with library view and the appropriate skin code.
Catchy Signature Here
No, two unrelated things.
One is my undying wish to be able to display Genre,tagline, year, in a non-library video view.
The other was a wraplist configuration request to allow for a display of movie icons in the form of say: 27 rows, with only movie titles beginning with A to be on line 1, movies beginning with B on 2 and so on.

While I'm at it, can I request being able to define the location of each corner of an icon on the screen, for perspective effects. (see Apple iTV)
MacGyver Wrote:One is my undying wish to be able to display Genre,tagline, year, in a non-library video view.
The other was a wraplist configuration request to allow for a display of movie icons in the form of say: 27 rows, with only movie titles beginning with A to be on line 1, movies beginning with B on 2 and so on.

In sort word: you want to have the "mosaic view"...

...and the "group view"...

...of Windows XP. It's not a bad idea... I put somedays ago the concept of "mosaic view" showing info of the films but nobody sayed nothing Sad
I should think the underlying dbase stuff could be left completely alone for this, as you're simply making a bunch of calls to the dbase elements that already exist.

I would think that a revised request would be to somehow enable the skin engine to be used to determine more than it currently does in terms of what gets displayed and how it is displayed.

This is semi-relevant to the My Programs section, since as it functions right now we get a list that displays a few different elements for each item in the database. Basically we would simply be doing the same sort of thing for the media windows, except we would want to arbitrarily determine which pieces of information get displayed, and how.

Also, I would think that the "sort by" field would be auto-populated by all the currently displayed elements.
Catchy Signature Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem & Database suggestion0