"Follow Me", save a bookmark or playlist on a XBMC machine and resume it on a other?
Lightbulb 
At CES netgear showed off its Digital Entertainer HD. The xbox with XBMC achieves most of the same functionallity, but there are 2 features that would be awesome if it could be added to XBMC. They are called follow me and party mode. Here is how they describe it.

Multi-Room Playback Features – Using two or more Digital Entertainer HDs in different rooms, synchronize music throughout the house (Party Mode) or pause a video in your living room and resume it in another room (Follow Me).

Here is a link to there site. http://www.netgear.com/Products/Entertai...A8000.aspx
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
No interest or comment on this?

If it is possible I think it would make XBMC the complete package. Anyone who has multiple xboxs on their network would enjoy these features.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
w84no1 Wrote:No interest or comment on this?

If it is possible I think it would make XBMC the complete package. Anyone who has multiple xboxs on their network would enjoy these features.

If you make the hardware component, then someone would do the rest.
The xbox is the hardware componentHuh
The hardware component should be something that you carry so the XBox could know where you are, for example, a bluetooth movile. But the most important point is to add the bluetooth support to the XBox.
Why would you need extra hardware? To stop a movie and continue in another room, should be possible. Instead of saving the timeindex of where you left of just to the database, you could save it at the same location of where the movie is.. then the other xbox could pick up where the other left off..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
yeah i'm not quite sure why you think it would need bluetooth, unless you don't have the xboxes hooked up to the network, which i think most people do. This would be a neat feature if it was implemented, more if used with video than audio personally.
RE : Party mode (be careful, we already have a feature called party mode)
at this time there is no audio server available on the xbox platform that doesnt use a buffer.

For example if xbox A is the 'master' xbox that is streaming to xbox B and xbox C. Xbox B and C have a cache of about 256k which is about 20seconds. This means that xbox B and C are out of sync with xboxA by the amount of time it takes to fill 256k of data over the network. The end result is un-syncronised music
A special server and streaming system would need to be developed or ported to allow this functionality.

Regarding the follow me feature.
Interesting, but how and where would you propose to impliment this in the UI? It wouldnt be terribly difficult to code but fitting it into the UI isnt the easiest thing to do.
(and pop-ups would be FAR too intrustive to a user on another xbox)

Think more about your idea and try and find solutions to some of these problems
Loto_Bak Wrote:RE : Party mode (be careful, we already have a feature called party mode)
at this time there is no audio server available on the xbox platform that doesnt use a buffer.

For example if xbox A is the 'master' xbox that is streaming to xbox B and xbox C. Xbox B and C have a cache of about 256k which is about 20seconds. This means that xbox B and C are out of sync with xboxA by the amount of time it takes to fill 256k of data over the network. The end result is un-syncronised music
A special server and streaming system would need to be developed or ported to allow this functionality.

Regarding the follow me feature.
Interesting, but how and where would you propose to impliment this in the UI? It wouldnt be terribly difficult to code but fitting it into the UI isnt the easiest thing to do.
(and pop-ups would be FAR too intrustive to a user on another xbox)

Think more about your idea and try and find solutions to some of these problems

I see the problem with audio. With the video, you could pause the video then bring up the context menu that would have an option that says Finish in other Room or something like that. Then you would go upstairs to the other xbox and in the video section there would be a button for finishing the video from another room. As long as the videos are on a central server accessible to both xboxes it should work. I wonder if using the UPnP or the Autodetection could be used to pull it all together.
oh, wow, party mode would definitely be cool, i didn't catch that part at first
"Party Mode":
Let´s call it "Music Syncing" , it´s al little bit confusing when we have a existing (and very nice) "Party Mode"

That would be very nice to have it. Maybe it can be done like this:
Xbox1 (Server) has all the music on the harddisk. Xboxes 1, 2 and 3 are caching about 5 MB (1 File) of the Music, then the Server-Xbox send a command to all the other boxes to start playing.
After that all xboxes have time to cache the next song over the network.
We had an discussion about that already AFAIR Eek

"Follow Me":
The only situtaion i would need this, would be for p0rn-movies. Start them in the living-room and finish them in the bed-room Big Grin Rolleyes Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
haha, yeah that would be a great feature, both of those really, but I especially like the...Music Syncing, as you called it. It could also just be something in the context menu, and you would highlight a song in a playlist or something and press the white button and choose "Sync to Other Xbox" or something, and if you selected that it could bring up a little window where you could choose between detected xboxes, or select all, and then execute, and it would wait a few seconds while the other xboxes cached and then everything would start simultaneously.

Also, for the thing where you continue stuff in other rooms, this is something I would probably use fairly frequently....Not constantly, but it would be a nice feature to have. I have one in the living room and one in my bedroom, and sometimes my parents come home and want to watch something else while i'm in the middle of something, so i could just continue it in my bedroom, or its frequently the reverse too, when my parents take off somewhere.
Solo0815 Wrote:"Follow Me":
The only situtaion i would need this, would be for p0rn-movies. Start them in the living-room and finish them in the bed-room Big Grin Rolleyes Wink

You are bizarre... Rolleyes I thought people asking for "Follow me" function was something similar to Bang&Ollufsenn system, that has sensors and speakers all over the house and if you have the remote controller on your pocket the music follow you by all the house, going up on some speakers and going out on others. The idea of stop one play and start it on another XBox is cool, too...
the easiest way to do multi-xbox audio syncronization would be to code a slimp3 client for xbmc. there are some software based slimp3 clients. right from the get-go, you get the advantage of being able to use an external slimp3 server as the stream source. the harder part will be integrating the slimp3 server portion into xbmc so that an xbmc can act as the master.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Exclamation 
Solo0815 Wrote:"Party Mode": Let´s call it "Music Syncing" , it´s al little bit confusing when we have a existing (and very nice) "Party Mode"
Yes lets separate those two different requests to to confuse us all; as not only do we already have a "Party Mode" in XBMC that is 'jukebox' function and not a 'multi-room music-syncronization' function, but alse there already exist a feature suggsion topic thread for 'multi-room music-syncronization' and you can find that topic thread here => Synchronize music/video-stream playback on multiple-Xboxes (Multi-Zone Audio/Video)

I'm renaming the topic summery from "Follow Me and Party Mode" to "Follow Me" only, so from now on please only keep this thread discussion to the "Follow Me" feature part of the request, thanks.

...and as for the "Follow Me" feature suggestion I think it's worth to any developer interested in this to also look into a similar suggestion that is Resume video/music playback on startup (like car-stereo's memory feature) as that feature together with some kind of function to copy or trancesering that 'resume' bookmark/playlist from one Xbox to the next (or between multiple Xboxes) could maybe act like a "Follow Me" feature for music and videos.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Follow Me", save a bookmark or playlist on a XBMC machine and resume it on a other?0