• 13(current)
Indexing and flagging offline removable DVD Video discs in the library database?
In eden beta i followed the guide for stub files but when i attempt to play it say playback failed

... in log appears ERROR: playlist player: skipping unplayable item 0

i tried every variant of stub file. What's wrongHuh??
hegemon13 Wrote:Although this is an old thread, I wanted to jump in and say thank you, Harry, for this awesome feature. I was able to use a PERL script convert my existing catalogued database in Med's Movie Manager into around 950 files, all with a message telling me where to find the right disc. Finally, I have my entire library visible in XBMC, and it is AWESOME!
Could you explain how you did this? I've been looking for a somewhat automated way of doing this since I have a lot of DVDs Smile
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
+1. Yes please, i could be very useful!!! this feature is the big missing thing into XBMC from ages...
Is there a way to create a media stub file to load a specific .mkv/.avi file for a single episode from an external media source, like a DVD-R or external hard drive?

The current online manual outlines how to set up media stub files for DVDs, blurays, etc. Not exactly sure how this will work with individual episode video files: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_Stub_Files

I appended .hdtv.disc to the file name (excluding the file file extension - i.e. .mkv/.avi) but xbmc only plays the first file in the root folder of the DVD rom I insert.

Any tips on how to name the media stub episode file correctly so that the correct episode is loaded? Should there be a folder structure on the DVD rom as in XBMC - i.e. /TVSHOW/Season/videofilename.mkv?

Thanks!
shaihulud Wrote:Is there a way to create a media stub file to load a specific .mkv/.avi file for a single episode from an external media source, like a DVD-R or external hard drive?
I think what you're after are efile stubs, which haven't been implemented yet. They're probably not going to make it into Eden, but hopefully they'll be added in on some post-Eden/pre-Frodo nightly.
Excellent news!
Looking forward to it!
This is a great feature...just one thing more that I want.

Easily see in list view which is a DVD or Blu-Ray. I use Confluence skin in Media List view. Would be great to have a DVD icon just to the right of the rating (where "SD" and "HD" icons appear now). Anyone know how to do that?

Also, just as an FYI, I'm running Eden v3 on a black ATV2 and the dialog box does not show up when I attempt to play a stub. Nothing happens.
alazybum - just name your stub file like SomeMovie.bluray.stub or SomeMovie.dvd.stub and you should see the media flags for your stub files (if not disabled in the skin settings).
I have 3000 movies in my library and around 700 of them are offline dvd-roms. What i hate the most is when i browse my library to display all movies, there is no way to differenciate the dvd-roms from the other local files !!!

dvdrip have a gray media box, blurays have a blue media box.... is it possible to make all media stubs files (*.dvd.disc) appear with a RED media box so i can easily differenciate them from the rest of the movies ?

If someone can explain me how to do it i'm willing to pay money for it. I've been looking for that for ages.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Indexing and flagging offline removable DVD Video discs in the library database?1