HOW-TO setup ccXgui on Windows XP
setting up ccxstream with windows xp, and most likely with 98, me, 2000.
----

step 1)

- obviously you already have an xbox, xbmc, and ftp access to your xbox. if not, consult another guide.
- first we need to download ccxgui. try here
- unrar it and open the ccxgui_0.3.4.0.exe file. follow the instructions to install.

step 2)

- once installed open up the ccx_gui program from your start menu.
- now we want to add shares. simple. just drag the folders you want to share from windows explorer in to the list.
- you can rename them by selecting one and pressing f2, or delete by pressing delete.
- ok now once you have the right shares click [start server] button.

step 3)

- open up your preferred ftp client (flashfxp) and connect to the xbox.
- find your xboxmediacenter folder and open the xboxmediacenter.xml file for editing (ctrl+e).
- now we have to add the shares into this file. enter this code just above the </pictures>, </video> and </music> tags:
Quote: <bookmark>
<name>xbms</name>
<path>xbms://<ip here>:1400/</path>
</bookmark>
- replace <ip here> with the ip listed at the bottom of the ccx_gui screen. it should be something like 192.168.0.1 or similar
- save the file and upload it to your xbox. (or if you pressed ctrl+e just save&close it and press ok in flashfxp)

now restart your xbox and open xbmc. open my pictures, videos or music and click on 'xbms'. you should see your shares!

---------------
once you have got this to work you can tinker with the names. substitute the names in here:
Quote: <bookmark>
<name><name></name>
<path>xbms://<ip here>:1400/<share name></path>
</bookmark>

<name> can be anything
<share name> can be the name of one of the shares in the list in ccx_gui. this will make the link go directly to that share instead of showing all the shares.
<ip here> keep this the same (what it says at the bottom of ccx_gui).

now whenever you want to use it again just open up ccx_gui and click start server.
i tried to use it for image file. first i loaded alcohol 120 then mapped the image to a virtual cd/dvd drive. next i dragged the drive letter or a file in the drive to ccxstream, didn't work.

i guess xbmc didn't like it. any ideas how to play .nrg, .mds file in xbmc.
@esurfer, please respect that the guide forum is not for asking for support/help for features. note! mds images is not supported in xbmc
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Unfortunately this guide is severely outdated and inaccurate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup ccXgui on Windows XP1