Aeon Nox 5 Unable to build menu
That will depend on the 3rd party repo (assuming I'm right about it having come from a 3rd party repo - I'm just guessing at that, but I can't think how else so many have got it automatically). Skin Shortcuts should be updated on the official Kodi repo this weekend to version 0.6.5. However, that's the same version number as the version with the bug, so those who have the bugged version won't automatically have the fixed version installed (Kodi will see it as the same version). The 3rd party repo could put the fixed version on their repo - with an updated version number - to get the fix out. But that's entirely up to them.
Thank you for that info. I hope whatever 3rd party it was knows that they caused the problem. Just have to wait and see I guess.
So, I extract, rename and repack the zip and now all you got to do is load the file from Kodi like any other add-on here is the fixed file
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BxOgdeNtb...t=download
Is there a way I can find what 3rd party pushed the File? I only have I think 10 repos installed.
(2015-11-07, 18:27)Marcdaddy Wrote: Is there a way I can find what 3rd party pushed the File? I only have I think 10 repos installed.
I think is the Kodi repo.
Bob I am sure all of us are grateful for taking time out from your vacation to fix this issue. The ‘unable to build menu’ has been fixed for me with the new update in the Github. However, another issue has cropped up whereby the sub-menu under one menu item either shifts to another menu item or gets duplicated. I have tried to reset and create sub-menus several times but somehow the problem persists. I was planning to post a debug log when I read your post no. 39

I was not aware that some of us could be using Aeon Nox 5 skin containing beta skin shortcuts. I downloaded the skin version 5.7.3 through the ‘Get More’ section in the Confluence default skin. For the sake of clarity can you kindly post the official repo of the Aeon Nox 5 skin (Isengard version) which I should imagine would not have the problem ‘unable to build menu’. I would rather install the official version which would get rid of my new problem.

Can you also clarify whether the Aeon Nox 5 Silvo 5.7.4-2.0.7 (Isengard) link given on this forum is the official one as the 'unable to build menu' was occurring on this skin as well.
Unfortunately the holiday is now over, but it was an interesting way to end it Wink

You're getting a little confused with the separation of skin and script - the official Nox 5 is the one on the official Kodi forums, just as the official Nox 5 Silvo is the one from repository.aeon.nox.silvo. The version of Skin Shortcuts with the bug didn't come from either of these repo's, but if it is installed all skins which use Skin Shortcuts will use that version of the script (and most Nox 5 variants, as well Mimic, will throw the error seen).

(Or to put it another way, you're not using a skin containing a beta version of Skin Shortcuts - you simply got a version of Skin Shortcuts, most likely from a 3rd party repo, with a bug.)

As regards your submenu issue, if that's with Nox 5, or the Isengard version of Nox 5 Silvo, I would tend to say that that's a skin error not a script one, as Skin Shortcuts is only used by those skins to manage the submenus - how those submenu's are linked to the main menu is entirely up to the skin. (Nox 5 Silvo Jarvis uses the script a little differently, whereby its more likely the script would be at fault)
Thanks for your prompt response. So if I delete both skins including the skin shortcuts in the kodi folder and reinstall through repo's on this forum would the problem disappear (as I would have both the official skin and script).
Except that the version of the 3rd party repo has a higher version number than the version on the official Kodi repo. The version number has been bumped on git - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts - so I'd recommend deleting any script.skinshortcuts folders from the addons folder and manually extracting the git version there (deleting any '-master' text from the end of the folder name). That will have a higher version number than any on any repo at this point, and so won't be overwritten (until there is an updated version Wink)
Thanks for the clarification. One last point if I want to create a menu item as a text say ENGLAND what would the 'Default Select Acton' be
That would depend what you want that menu item to do by default when you select it Wink

However, can I request that you take that question to a new thread? It's not related to the build issue's we're discussing here and, as that is a problem a number of users are experiencing, it would be good to keep this thread on topic. Smile
(2015-11-07, 18:27)Marcdaddy Wrote: Is there a way I can find what 3rd party pushed the File? I only have I think 10 repos installed.

Can you send me a PM with the names of the repos you have installed ? I can than find out which one has the problematic skinshortcuts hosted and ask them to remove it/update it. Thanks!
Too late for it to be removed, but updated definitely Smile (I was just trying to access one of the debug logs with the relevant info so I could do the same, but they all appear to be down Confused )
(2015-11-07, 23:13)BobCratchett Wrote: Too late for it to be removed, but updated definitely Smile (I was just trying to access one of the debug logs with the relevant info so I could do the same, but they all appear to be down Confused )

I am getting the errors and here is the repos I am using.
Thanks for that Smile

However, they are (without exception, I believe) repo's we can't discuss here. I've made a note of them so I can check them out, but please can you edit your post and remove them so that this thread (which contains a lot of valuable information for people experiencing this issue) doesn't get closed Smile

Edit:- There's a couple of repo's there that won't load for me, otherwise they're clean. Of the ones that won't load, I have a vague memory of a skinner using new features of the script who may be using one of those repos, and have pinged him to have the repo updated. We'll see how that goes. And please, PLEASE, remove the repo list from your post before this thread gets closed, which would be a real shame and remove a valuable resource for those experiencing this issue Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 5 Unable to build menu1