• 2(current)
Touchscreen support in XBMC - Control everything in GUI via one finger touch/click(s)
the only touchscreens that xbmc will support at the moment are ones that use generic usb mouse drivers. other than that, no. and i haven't been able to find a touchscreen like that.
is there yet support for touchscreens??
i am thinking that since there is mouse support, and vga adapters such as x2vga there is a chance that it could work... but i am assuming that xbmc would have to have drivers for the touchsreen... altho i might be wrong... please someone enlighten me.

thanks...
i know that i read it would be possible to get a touch screen to work if there were and usb hid driver out for one. i found this link and the code for the driver on it. with this information do you think that we can get someone to make this touch screen work? http://lwn.net/articles/83081/
hello... ok dont know if this is possible. but i want to buy a lilliput touchscreen and connect it to my modded xbox. the touchscreen has a usb cord to send the signals. it works like a usb mouse, but i dont know if it would work... if it doesnt, is it possible to write xbox hardware drivers so that it would work? even something simple like just figuring out what signals correspond to what x and y values. but i dont know how the xbmc nav system works, so i dont even know if that idea is possible... any thoughts at all are appreciated
wow this was a very informative forum Smile at least i searched for 'touch screen' in the forums before i posted anything Confusedhifty:
for what it's worth: "i would love to see touch screen support too !"
Star 
can we please get support for a touchscreen lcd? whether it functions using a usb port (and driver) such as this one:

http://www.xenarc.com/product/700ts.html

or through a vga cable (thanks to x2vga/+)?

it would be greatly appreciated... it is hard to drive and fumble with the controller to change to the next song... a simple touchscreen driver would be great... of course, i would not hesitate to donate to the cause... thanks!
that would be a given (donation)

what you touchscreen fans need to do is:

unite!
gather a fund of money
gather data on a suitable device
find a willing (important!Wink developer, that happens to not have anything better to do (main xbmc developing)

this is not an easy task, or even close. if it was, it would already be done. the issue is the "touch" part, afaik understand it, it's not standardized.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

developing touchscreen drivers for xbmc is unrealistic since it would never be able to cover more then a few touchscreens.

my suggestion (from a long time touchscreen user) is take a different path to get the end result wanted.

i.e.

find someone to develop the web interface into a full fledged control panel (remote control). then use a standard pc (windows, mac, linux) which already has drivers for touchscreens for the os.

this is the path of least resistance.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Sad 
well, yes most touchscreens use propriotory drivers making it inpractical if not impossible to add support for them in xbmc, however a few uses the standard usb hid (human interface device) mouse driver and implementing support for a such specific touchscreen would probebely not be too hard, so like pike said; if several users got together and donated one or two touchscreens that feature "standard usb hid (human interface device) mouse driver" interface (that's usb 1.1, not fast-usb 2.0) to any seriously interested developer on team-xbmc then he could probebely add support for it relativly quickly, again only if touchscreen uses the same (or at least very similar) interface as a mouse via standard usb hid (human interface device) mouse driver, ...this could be tested easily by the user themself by plugging in the touchscreen usb-port into a windows 98/me/xp computer and seeing if it gets automaticly detected and works like a standard usb mouse. no garantees though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
how bout a screen like elotouch, according to there pdf documentation there screens support the standard win 32 hid driver but with some minnor limits, no beep wen you click, orrientation only default.
http://www.elotouch.com/pdfs/manuals/xpudriver.pdf

page 10.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hey diagdave its right! the manual does state that these touchscreens use standard hid drivers
Quote:elo's usb controllers are "hid" (human interface device) compliant. the windows 2000 and windows xp
operating systems have native hid drivers that provide low-level support for elo touchscreen controllers. an
elo touchmonitor, with a usb touchscreen controller installed, will provide the following limited operation with
these native hid drivers. operation of the controller will be limitied without the installation of the software
discussed in the next section:
m the mouse cursor will move on the display in response to touch
m the direction of motion on the display will depend on the orientation of the touchscreen and the
defaults programmed into the controller and the driver
m no "beep" will be heard when the screen is touched
m no control panel application is available to configure the operation of the driver.
if anyone has access to one of these and has a usb port in his xbox, please plug it in and let us know what happens, too bad they are too big for a carpc...
first of all, hey. xbmc will soon be a big part of my life as im using it as the center of my audio system in my subaru. i'm getting a xenar 700tsv (touchscreen) and noticed that xbmc has mouse support. the touchscreen uses a usb cable and is practically a mouse so im hoping everything will work out. any of you out there (and yes ive searched... with pityful results) who've gotten a touchscreen to work with xbmc?

hi!
i am wondering if it is possible to use a touchscreen monitor(usb & vga connection) to control the xbox running under xbmc?
do you have any information for me ?

thanks a lot!!

regards,
avery
just wanted to say that i support this feture aswell matter of fact i have a 7" liliput tuch screen in my subaru but i dont have usb port on my xbox yet so i cant try and see if it will work, i will add usb ports tonight and test it tommarow and let you all know!

p.s
if anyone will regroup on this i will donate money for the feture aswell.
hi, i would really like to put an xbox with xbmc in my car. however i am curious if xbmc is ever likely to support touchscreen lcd technology - either now, or at any point in the forseeable future?

is it possible that anyone might be prepared to impliment this?

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touchscreen support in XBMC - Control everything in GUI via one finger touch/click(s)0