• 1(current)
Touchscreen support in XBMC - Control everything in GUI via one finger touch/click(s)
Lightbulb 
it will be awesome if you could implement touchscreen functionality, since most touchscreen controllers use mouse drivers

then xbmc will be the perfect in-car entartainment system
and there is the problem. most touchscreens need a special mousedriver (with calibration and what not) to work properly.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i would like to have a touchsreen too.
just building a new xbox power supply for 10..15v for in car use.
hi, i was wondering if i could connect my xbox to a touchscreen tft. it is possible to connect a usb mouse device to the xbox isn't it? (or even com?)

thnx
no, touch screens are not yet supported in xbmc, (if it already was then it would be listed on out project page). i guess support for it could be added in theory if mouse support was coded into xbmc and the touchscreen used a standard hid usb mouse interface?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i have seen usb touchscreen devices for sale online... i think this is a great idea and hope that somone can shed a lil more light on its posibility

quick links
http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/ccam/id75.htm
http://freshmeat.net/projects/3mtouchscreendriver/
(pmath @ may 23 2004,06:07 Wrote:http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/ccam/id75.htm
http://freshmeat.net/projects/3mtouchscreendriver/
just fyi, none of those are/use "standard hid usb mouse interface" (hid = human interface device) for win32 which be simplest to code
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
hi,

i started changing the mouse support in xdk to see whether it was possible to make my touch screen work. it wouldn't work by redefining the structure of the mouse to the input report of my touch screen (see touchkit.c on the internet for the format of the input message). i was under the impression that someone enabled usb remote control support in xmbc by redefining the input report, because there is no idvendor and idproduct support in the xdk. can someone tell me what kind of driver selection criteria the xdk uses? and what does the define line
#define afx_xbinputex_hincluded_
in xbinputex.h mean?

regards,
tom.
Quote:#define afx_xbinputex_hincluded_

i havnt got the source available in front of me, but that looks like a header file flag that identifies that the header has been included, and should not be processed again.  i'm guessing there is a #ifndef  line nearby ?  

touchscreen would be very cool.  i'm not sure how usb works, but if its anything like paralel/serial ports, it shouldnt too hard once you know the input signals

maybe look to some open source touchscreen drivers for help
ie. those from linux etc
i've made little progress so far. stil learning details of c and c++, usb etc. usb support from xdk for other devices not documented in xbox.h and the ir-remote is not possible as these are coded in the xapilib.lib. the ir-remote part is there too, but not mentioned in the xdk documentation (this got me confused at at the time of my first post). i'm looking into library independant gamepad support now to solve the touchscreen support (http://www.xbdev.org) and possibly support for other usb devices.

regards,
tom.
hi gamester

i've tried some things with my touchscreen and the new mouse support in xbmc...

at the moment, i won't recognize my touchscreen :-(

i think it is a bigger problem than i thought before, because the xdk doesn't know a touchscreen. so i'm not sure, if i can get a device handle for a device, which is not supported like debug_mouse...

can you help me in this case?

i'll try some things with the debugmouse sample app... hope i can made some progress Huh

the problem is, that my touchscreen display is mounted in my car with one of my xboxes ;-)
... so i haven't it at home all the time to test things :-(

but as written before, i would be very happy, if someone can help me with getting a device handle for a device no supported by the xdk...

thanks in advance
xbender
i can't help you, because i'm not a c++ programmer.

in any case if a dev codes a "thouchscreen support" patch for xbmc don't count on iyour specific thouchscreen to work on it as most thouchscreen manufactures use propriotory (unique and closed source) drivers. that's why you want one that use standard hid usb drivers.
hi guys,

it is true what xbender says about touchscreen support in the xdk. the only way one can get it to work is to patch the xapilib to recognise the device, or to write the driver yourself. on http://www.xbdev.org there is a good explanation about writing the driver yourself, but somehow i can't get the gamepad to work (the program just crashes). therefor i left the path of trying to get the touchscreen to work inside the xdk and proceeded with linux. it already has driver support for my touchscreen (lilliput). but i'm still looking for a suitable media environment (thexcar looks good, but is still in early development).
i would really like usb touchscreen support for my 7"lcd - then i could get rid of my incar pc and put in my xbox!
does anyone know if xbmc has touch screen support? if so does it support all touch screens?

and if not does anyone know if this feature is planned or comming soon?

there are plenty of touch screen lcd's that work with vga or rca that has usb connector to control the touch capabilities.

thanx in advance guys.

or you can email me at:
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touchscreen support in XBMC - Control everything in GUI via one finger touch/click(s)0