Verve ("Big Screen" clone/replica) skin in progress
CenterTain

:p
Active Center
First post ever, anywhere, so go easy on me!

How about "Verve"?

Verve.

n.
Energy and enthusiasm in the expression of ideas, especially in artistic performance or composition: The revival lacked the verve of the original musical.
Vitality; liveliness. See Synonyms at vigor.
Archaic Aptitude; talent.
ETA for a beta??
Sydney30 Wrote:ETA for a beta??

WID

When it's done :p

[SIZE=2]The actual progress is slow, the skinners work on it on free time, so you'll be informed here when something can be released.[/SIZE]
Sorry for my...english :blush:
Like he said, I can only work on it in my spare time, and if you knew my job, you'd know I have very little time when I'm not at work. Anyway, I can code it quickly, but I have no talent for the graphics, and I'm having problems nailing down the layout for the settings page. I'm torn between 2 possible views, one is simular to PM3s but zooms bit and has reflections, the other is icons across the top of the screen, and the current selection zooms to a large reflected icon when selected. Honestly I think both don't look quite right with the style I used for the video and music and pictures screens. I could get it done alot quick with some icons to use, and dirction from someone with artistic talent. So if you want it done quicker, post transparent icons for the home and settings screens, and make picture of how you think the settings and home screens layout should look, I will code it to look that way. It don't have to be a great picture, even a pensil drawing is fine, just describe the way you envison it working. While you at it, if anybody has any ideas for different views for the media screens I'll listen.

Here is a sample the crummy views I'm debating, as you can see the graphics SUCK, and the layout is crude.

Let me clarify, these graphics are great, but they are not mine, and when I made them transparent, they look horrible. I can't use them anyway, they are just place markers while I design and code the layout. And I have no excuse for my spelling or grammar other then being tired.
Oh, and I like Verve, so if no one objects, I rename it Verve.
MacGyver Wrote:Oh, and I like Verve, so if no one objects, I rename it Verve.

I agree with Verve too Cool
Sorry for my...english :blush:
those gfx are in svn and should be transparent.

did you do a screen capture?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
yep, I didn't have internet access on the computer I was using at the time, so I pulled them off a screen shot, but I can't use them anyway.
Are you still going to try to have the Kaleidascrape-like interface as one of the view types?
The multi-thumbnail one or the list view one? We were keeping them separate and w84no1 is the one who is really working on the kaleidascape one, but there is no real reason the list view one can't be added, i guess, but adding different views is great and easy, but we need icons, we can't even release an alpha because none of the graphics in home and settings belong to us.
Ok I redid the settings menu again, it's not finished, and the graphics will change, but I like this layout, each selection will open in the middle window, and when no selctiion is made, it will display the info from "Xbox Info". the buttons that are normally on the left, will be tabs on top of the middle window.

Left me know what you think.
PS I don't think I like the "windows title bar" at the top anymore, so I'll remove that.
MacGyver Wrote:The multi-thumbnail one or the list view one? We were keeping them separate and w84no1 is the one who is really working on the kaleidascape one, but there is no real reason the list view one can't be added, i guess, but adding different views is great and easy, but we need icons, we can't even release an alpha because none of the graphics in home and settings belong to us.

oh ok, so there are going to be two separate skins? cool. I like that settings layout, by the way

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Verve ("Big Screen" clone/replica) skin in progress0