v15 Windows 10 home vs professional
Hi,
I installed Kodi 15.1 on my PC under Widows 10 professional. Looks great and very impressive.
Then I installed Kodi 15.2 on my portable PC under Windows 10 home version. Disapointment!!!
The "Films" option on tjhe first screen disappeared together with the poster of each film. Moreover I can't get films infos or posters.

That's very starnge. Is it due to the different versions of Windows 10 ? Something missing ?
I don't believe it is due to Kodi version 15.1 vs 15.2.

Any idea ?

By yhe way, on my portable, a kodi.log has been created during installation. It's chinese for me. If you think it may help, I'll send it.

Thanks a lot for your help

Paul Buffard from France

:
This will not be due to Win 10 Pro vs Home. It has to be something about the scrapers or an add-on change between the two. If I was you I would be bringing both computers together and then compare the various scraper options on the two.

A Chinese log should still be okay as the important stuff should still be in English. (I won't ask why you are running a Chinese PC in France and then asking for help in English... Big Grin)
(2015-10-26, 19:31)Paul Buffard Wrote: Hi,
I installed Kodi 15.1 on my PC under Widows 10 professional. Looks great and very impressive.
Then I installed Kodi 15.2 on my portable PC under Windows 10 home version. Disapointment!!!
The "Films" option on tjhe first screen disappeared together with the poster of each film. Moreover I can't get films infos or posters.

That's very starnge. Is it due to the different versions of Windows 10 ? Something missing ?
I don't believe it is due to Kodi version 15.1 vs 15.2.

Any idea ?

By yhe way, on my portable, a kodi.log has been created during installation. It's chinese for me. If you think it may help, I'll send it.

How is your media set up? If you do a default install of Kodi, it creates its own local database. To get the "films" menu to appear, you have to have movies in your local database library. To get that, you first need to create a "source" which points to a folder structure containing media files, and then designate the type of media content as movies, tv shows, or music videos. Once your source is created you scan it at which point Kodi enters the info about each media file into the appropriate library. You must have done that with your first install of Kodi 15.1. It is possible to create a central, shared database (see wiki on using MySQL as the database) that all systems having Kodi can use (assuming all your systems are on a network that can access the central database).

scott s.
Thank you all for your help.
You were both right: the scraper options were not set correctly on my portable.
Now everything runs the way I like.

Best regards from France

Paul B.
(2015-10-27, 18:43)Paul Buffard Wrote: Thank you all for your help.
You were both right: the scraper options were not set correctly on my portable.
Now everything runs the way I like.

Best regards from France

Paul B.
Excellent. Always nice to know when something gets solved.

Wonders off and opens bottle of French wine...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 home vs professional0